Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Routing / Nat / Gateway issue, help appreciated
  •  
jamie_s

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am having a bit of an issue with KWF acting as a gateway.

I have a machine with two nics, One is a wireless nic, which I am trying to setup to allow my laptop wireless access, and the other nic goes to a hub, which also has connected to it, the adsl router and a mail server.

For this purpose, lets say the ethernet nic is 192.168.1.3, with the adsl router (does its own nat) on 1.1 and a mail server on 1.2

the wireless nic is 192.168.2.1 and wireless client on 2.2

Now, I have the following rules configured...

1: name=(Laptop NAT) src=(list:"Laptop") dst=(any) service=(any) snat=(192.168.1.3) dnat=(any) action=(permit,logpkt,logconn), time_range=(always) inspector=(default)
2: name=(Allow Access to This PC) src=(list:"Laptop" list:"Local Network") dst=(Firewall) service=(any) snat=(any) dnat=(any) action=(permit), time_range=(always) inspector=(default)
3: name=(Firewall Anywhere) src=(Firewall) dst=(any) service=(any) snat=(auto) dnat=(any) action=(Permit), time_range=(always) inspector=(default)
4: default: action=(drop)

I can browse web pages without any problems, I can access my email ok (I use two IMAP email servers, one on my network and one on the internet).

The main issue is that I cannot send email, I continually get SMTP errors when sending messages.

Also I would like to know what is required to get msn messenger working on the laptop - it works fine on the gateway pc, but wont connect on the laptop.

All I would like to do is have the laptop appear to be connected to the hub and use 1.1 as its gateway instead of the pc as its gateway and natting twice (KWF nat and ADSL router nat) - is this possible with KWF, or should i just use an access point instead.

Thanks
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Try the ping test on this webpage: http://www.kerio.com/supp_wrp_pppoe.html

Your problem may be caused by packet loss and lowering the MTU may fix the problem.
Previous Topic: Routing 1 ip to a set port?
Next Topic: license error!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:30:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.