Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mail going to wrong address (mail going to wrong e-mail address)
  •  
donr

Send a private message to this user
I tried searching for this, but of course getting the wording correct was difficult.
I have a user that received an e-mail that was not addressed to her, but had another user in our system's address. Could the mail server have a glitch or does someone outside our system have a virus that could be sending a strange e-mail.
I don't understand how it could get to the wrong e-mail address.
It was from an address outside our system to an address inside our network, but it came to the wrong user.
Puzzling to say the least. If it is a virus inside our network, that could be a problem. However, that should not happen. There are just too many hurdles to cross for a virus to get inside our network. There are at least 3 levels of virus protection and firewalls to cross.
Has anyone seen this before? Is there a glitch in Kerio MailServer? Is there a solution?
Thanks
Don
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Are you sure who was the original recipient. Please note that emails are not delivered to email address in To: header but to recipient in SMTP envelope. Check you mail log for correct recipient address.

Th e-mail can have *any* address in the To header - this is how email delivery works.
  •  
donr

Yes, after I wrote this in the forum I realized, what am I writing. I can send mail or someone else can send and who knows where it came from. The user that received the mail is probably in someone's contact list on a computer that has an infected computer. Probably some type of worm, trojan, etc.
Thanks
Don
Previous Topic: Disaster recovery: Importing Kerio files to Outlook
Next Topic: Active Sync Error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:08:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00344 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.