Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Services wont start in VM
  •  
s10jam

Send a private message to this user
I downloaded the VM server from the Kerio website, and now, none of the Kerio services will start. I can't find a way to get into a terminal, so I don't know how to diagnose this any further.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure that you followed all steps described in the documentation. Particularly initial configuration after vmware appliance start.
  •  
s10jam

Ok, after overlooking something stupid on my part, I still have an issue. Everything seems to work except for SMTP. I can SSH in and get to webmail, however, the machine does not answer on port 25. Apparently, Kerio does not use postfix. I've tried the KB article on files stuck in the queue, but there is nothing. Any ideas?
  •  
campodoro74

Kerio has got it's own SMTP server, so in order to user SMTP, you should disable the already running postfix service and then restart Kerio (/etc/init.d/postfix stop). To prevent postfix starting again during reboot, disable it's service in your INIT level.
  •  
s10jam

I don't think you read my last post closely enough. I didn't install Postfix.
  •  
s10jam

Well, instead of using the VMware appliance, I did an install on a fresh XP machine. I still have the same problem with this machine too. The server will only answer on port 25 from itself. It will drop any incoming connections that aren't from itself.
Previous Topic: Login failure when windows server 2003 is locked
Next Topic: KMS 6.5 strange folder renaming in KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:43:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00420 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.