Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » webmail folders config
  •  
tpyro

Send a private message to this user
We are using Apple Mail.app and discovered that the default folder names don't match what's in Kerio webmail. Rather than changing every mail client (not even sure if that's possible yet), is it safe to just edit the entries in const.inc in the webmail directory, e.g.:

define('FLD_SENT', "Sent Items"); -> define('FLD_SENT', "Sent");

Would we need to create the folders after doing so, or would the webmail code handle it?
  •  
rinzwind

I am using Apple Mail (localized) setup using the Exchange account option. Folders are ok out of the box.
  •  
tpyro

I don't follow -- does Apple Mail create different folder names depending on the account type (Exchange vs. IMAP)? We're an all-Mac company so we don't use Exchange. If I send a message from the Apple Mail, the client saves the messsage in a "Sent Messages" folder, while the Kerio webmail puts them in "Sent Items".
Thanks...
  •  
My IT Indy

You are correct, I just verified this on my own personal account.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
rinzwind

The Exchange option works with Kerio. You have to enter the public webmail url. I guess Apple Mail does something both with imap and webdav when using this mode. Try it.
Previous Topic: KMS Virtual Appliance & VMware server
Next Topic: Kerio Mailserver & outlook connector MAPI error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:34:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.