Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Windows 2003 with KWFAV
  •  
xiphias

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'me having some problems with KWFAV on Windows 2003, here is our current situation. (Fictive IP's used in examples)

Windows 2000 Server
Tiny Winroute Pro 4.2.1
3 NICs

ROUTER 80.20.10.9
NIC1 LAN 192.9.200.1
NIC2 DMZ 192.168.1.1
NIC3 DSL 80.20.10.10

In WRP I have set some port mappings:
80.20.10.11:80 > 192.168.1.100:80
80.20.10.11:1433 > 192.168.1.20:1433
80.20.10.12:80 > 192.168.1.10:80
80.20.10.13:80 > 192.9.200.100:80
80.20.10.14:80 > 192.168.1.30:80

This all runs perfectly!!!
---

Test situation (Only the differances are displayed)
Kerio Winroute Firewall + McAfee VirusScan 5.1.10

This all runs perfectly!!!
---

New situation (Only the differances are displayed)
Windows Server 2003
4 NICs

NIC4 LAN2 192.168.49.1 (Disabled!)

Requests not directed to correct server, stay on the firewall.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Rosa
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Go to Configuration --> Advanced --> HTTP Policy --> URL Rules --> Advanced. Uncheck the option to apply filter rules to local server. See if that helps.
  •  
xiphias

JWadlow, thanks fot the repy.

The path described not quite correct but found it anyway.
The correct path is \\Configuration\Content Filtering\HTTP Policy\URL Rules\Advanced

I checked and the option Other settings\"Apply filtering also for local servers" was already unchecked.

I tried to connect to my mappings from different outside computers, no go.

Anybody else have any bright ideas, the Kerio helpdesk don't know. :S

Michael
  •  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Send a screen shot of your Traffic Policy rules.
  •  
xiphias

Hi,

Here is the screenshot:
http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=getfile&id=108

Thanks,

Michael

[Updated on: Fri, 26 March 2004 10:15]

•  
Jeff Wadlow (Kerio)

Try this; right click in the Traffic Policy window and select modify columns. Add protocol inspector to the list of visible columns. Set the protocol inspector to none for your port mapping rules for HTTP. See if that helps. You may also want to do source NAT with the network card that connects to the LAN for both of those rules. This should allow you to access those websites with the public IP address from within the LAN and also from the Internet.
  •  
xiphias

Hi,

Well, I think I found the problem. Windows 2003. When I try to forward ports from our current Windows 2000/WRP4 to the Windows 2003 server I can't connect either. When I install KWF on a Windows 2000 box and let it point to other 2000 boxes no prob. Looks like the internal Windows 2003 firewall which has been turned off still blocks everything. Strange thing is that LAN traffic is not blocked.

So, I think I'll give Bill a call an make him do my tech supprt. Very Happy

Anyone else who has run into this? Tips welcome Wink

Grtz,

Michael
  •  
xiphias

Hi again,

Well, it's that time of the month again where I have a couple of days to drop the internet connection and try to get KWF5 working. The situation now is KWF 5.1.10 on Windows 2000 SP4.

The Traffic Policy is set to the same as the screenshot above accept that I've set Protocol inspector to none. still I can't get in. You've got to give them that, at least it's secure but a bit to secure for us Wink

I'll add a new screenshot to this post. Even when I add a rule to open all I still cant get in.

Any ideas?

Michael

•  
BigStoo

I have exactly the same problem with WRF5.1.10 and Win2K SP4.

I've tested WRP4 and it seems to work fine on the very same server, so I don't think it is something Windows is running in the background.
  •  
xiphias

Well, one thing I've noticed is that the amount of licenses was reached. Rolling Eyes We had a 10 user licenses but I think that the 8 persons, some with multiple machines and the 7 servers ate all of them up so that the servers weren't allowed access. Mad

To test this I got a crack of the web and cracked KWF so it would be an unlimited version. Embarassed After doing so all was working fine. Very Happy Twisted Evil

I've now ordered a key for 20 extra users Cool so I hope I recieve the key soon so I can uncrack KWF and use the legal version again.

I only have a problem with one of the mappings now, but since all others are working I guess it's a problem with that server.

Also part of my problem was is that the gateway of the DMZ card had the KWP IP as gateway and not the new KWF gateway.
Try opening a website on the server you are mapping. Also try this with only the DMZ NIC connected.

Good luck,

Michael
Previous Topic: Help!! How to reset password??
Next Topic: Unknown ERROR message
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:36:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00463 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.