Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Importing Calendars? (how are calendars imported into the new CalDAV server?)
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user
i am running the 6.5 RC2 release right now... and got the calendar serving working just fine. was able to log in using my mail password with no problem at all. about 1000x easier to get going than the OSX Server CalDAV.

what i am looking to do now is import group calendars.

i have maybe 25-30 calendars that i converted into .ics files from an older now-defunct group calendaring application. they work fine when opened in iCal and i am able to see them locally just fine so the files converted just fine.

what i am wondering is multi-part :

1) can i use these .ics files directly? or will i have to manually copy the data from a local calendar into a created server-based calendar? (i have found an Applescript app that may automate this if i have to do it.)

2) if i can use them directly ... where do i put these created .ics files in order to serve them?

3) how do i make this group of calendars accessible to all (or selected) logged in users? everyone in the office needs to see every one of these calendars. but i imagine they wouldn't mind having a server-hosted personal calendar as well so i'd like to use their user login information obviously vs. making a fake calendar user that owns all these calendars.

i think that is all for now. if anyone knows the answers to this... that would be great as i am needing to move to iCal sooner rather than later and already put off the conversion to OSX Server CalDAV based on the hope that Kerio would be better.

thanks!
zeb.

•  
My IT Indy

I think what you will have to do, and I hate to say this, but you may need to do this manually in iCal. Open the calendar and then each event individually and then click on the calendar tab and then select a public calendar. OR you can select the event, copy it, and then paste it into the public calendar.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
bzeb

hmmm... if that is how it has to be i suppose that is okay. there has to be a store on the server somewhere though.

one other problem if that is how i have to do it...

i am able to make calendars on the server through iCal... but i don't see how to associate them with the "Public" group. i can only make them for my own user. how do i make a new empty calendar in the "Public" group space?

thanks.
  •  
Brtv

For the copying part: you don't have to drag or copy every event one by one.
First publish your agenda's within iCal to your Kerio account. Then log in to your account through webmail where you can see all your published agenda's. When you select an agenda and press the list view button, you can select (while holding the Shift key) all the events and drag them to another agenda.

And for making agenda's in the Public folder: when you login to the webmail as the admin user, you can make agenda's in the public folder.
  •  
bzeb

yeah. i understand that i don't have to copy every event. it is just that i have 30-40-ish calendars to copy/paste from. so even when copying full calendars it is going to take a longer amount of time than a mythical "plop .ics files in a folder" way that i was hoping for.

i did discover how to create the calendars by using webmail.

i am seeing a weird behavior concerning folders however. if i make a subfolder and put 3 calendars inside of it using webmail... when in iCal i just see the subfolder name acting as a consolidated calendar and not a folder with the other calendars inside of it. can it not support normal folders/grouping?

thanks
  •  
My IT Indy

YOu might also upload the calendars via the Kerio Sync Connector individually to the accounts. That would be easier.

I have seen some calendar weirdness, I think recurring events need to be recreated as mine didn't all end up on all my devices. Outlook would have some, my TyTN would have some others, and webmail would have 2. I just deleted the events, recreated them and everything seems okay now.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
bzeb

i don't really have individual calendars i need on the server though. i just have the collection of group calendars everyone needs to see.

will the iSync Connector be able to place a set of local iCal calendars into the "public" / "delegates" space? or just into a specific user?
  •  
My IT Indy

Here's something I just tested. If you can get the calendars onto the server you can log into webmail and drag the calendars into the Public folder.

I created a calendar called Test, it showed up on the webmail, I dragged it down to the Public folder via webmail.

Try that.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
bzeb

ah... nice.

so i may be able to load the calendars on my local iCal then use the Kerio iSync Connector to upload them to my personal calendar space in Kerio. then log in via webmail... and drag them into the "public" space?

i haven't used the Kerio iSync Connector yet... is my understanding of it correct?

if so... that sounds like it will greatly speed things up.

i'm still seeing the problem with folders in the public space though. doesn't seem to be possible to make a folder in webmail... then place a few calendars in it and have it show up as a folder in iCal. instead in iCal the folder shows up as a single calendar item with all the sub-calendars all merged. are groups/folders not allowed using CalDAV or something? or is this a bug?

thanks!
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It's simple. Create new calendar in the Public folders on KMS and make sure that other users have at least "read" access right to it.
Configure CalDAV account in iCal and select delegated calendars from user "Public folders".
Previous Topic: Reconstruct Database of INBOX Folder
Next Topic: Use other send bij adres
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 17:07:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00533 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.