Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Block mail by language
  •  
evsmetal

Send a private message to this user
I did a search but came up empty.

Is there a way to block email if it written in a certain language, like Cyrillic or Chinese?

I'm getting lots of Cyrillic spam.

I'd rather not block *.ru and of course they could still be using a .com address.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

•  
slash

Hello this would be easy if the spamfilter would be allow to look also for other information than just headerfields, for example for charset information:

so to block emails from different languages Kerio could search for Information in emails for these charsets for example:

// Cyrillic
KOI8\-R
KOI8\-U
KOI7

// Chinese
Big5
EUC\-TW
GB2312

// Arabic
ASMO\-708
windows\-1256

this will not work if they are using UTF charset and its not a good Idea to block this UTF-8 charset.

Maybe Kerio will think about the option to block mails based on charset. Maybe analysing not the full email, but the first 20 rows.

//slash

•  
evsmetal

I know one of the 3rd-party anti-spam packages I was running on Exchange did it. I think it was Anti-Gen, or it might have been PureMessage from Sophos..

Hmm, if they hooked in via SMTP I could probably just set them up ahead of KMS to do it, but obviously it would be nice if it was just built into KMS and didn't require an external package. Part of the reason I switched to KMS was because it had anti-virus and anti-spam built in. Smile
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer as "smarthost"
Next Topic: webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 15:35:15 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.