Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Launch Webmail without browser menus?
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
It would be nice to have a shortut (to a bat file or something similar) which will launch Webmail in a window with no browser menus or buttons. That way we can make Webmail look much more like a local application and also save desktop space. Does anybody know how to do this?

I have found some Javascript which can launch such a menuless window but you already need to be in a web page for this to work. What I want is something the users can put in their Startup menu and takes them straight to webmail without the menus. It wouldn't matter if the underlying browser was IE or Firefox as all our users have both.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Maybe you can try Prism: http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/
It's still experimental but it may be what you are looking for.
  •  
jaikudo

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 14:29

Maybe you can try Prism: http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/
It's still experimental but it may be what you are looking for.

That is definitely the sort of thing I want but, being experimental, it has a few problems. All pop-up windows are set to the same size as the main one, which doesn't work well for the little reminder boxes. I don't think it is ready to deploy yet but I am sure it has a great future. I also think there could be scope to integrate it with things like a system tray applet with a new mail notifier to make Webmail systems that users barely realise are not local. That would be really cool.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 February 2008 17:33]

•  
Yohann94

You should try the prism version integrated in Firefox 3. Just search for the prism module from Firefox addons, install it in firefox. Now, in the tools menu, you can create a web app from the current page. Just do it from your kerio mail web page.
The good thing is that it uses the Firefox 3 engine.

Know issues :
- If you have a SSL self signed certificate, you'll get a warning but you won't be able to add the site to the trusted sites. The workaround : add the exception within firefox, and get the files "~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/anything.default/cert8.db" and cert_override.txt and copy them in to web app folder : "~/Library/Application Support/MyWebApp/Profiles/anything.default/"

- The icon used is the small web icon and is not great at full size. Workaround : use this png I created instead : kerio.png

- When you create a new message or reply to a message, the window appear behind the main window. Workaround : don't put your main windows in the top left of the screen or you won't see the new message and reply to message windows.

- Automatic Popups don't work (for calendar notification). Workaround : add a line in "~/Library/Application Support/MyWebApp/Profiles/anything.default/prefs.js" :
user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", false);

[Updated on: Fri, 23 January 2009 19:05]

Previous Topic: Getting blasted with SPAM
Next Topic: Spam Assassin Ignoring Custom Rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 22:40:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.