Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Blocking webmail access for users ?
  •  
rhs

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

i am running a KMS 6.4 on SuSE-Linux with Outlook 2003 KOC clients. So far, so good. I would to like to grant some of the outlook users access via webspace, but not for all users.

Is it possible to do this except of changing the password on the account ? This leads to the problem that the Outlook-client also has to get the new password every time i have to change the permission of using webmail from external.

Thanks for your help Smile

Greetings
Ralf
  •  
jaikudo

Send a private message to this user
We have found a partial solution to the problem. We already have a simple secure extranet site. This uses Apache HTTPd server and the reverse proxy module to grant access to selected parts of our intranet to authenticated users. We used that to allow access to KMS Webmail instead of making it directly accessable fom the internet.

This is not ideal for two reasons:

1. It does not give us a way to deploy the other protocols. We would like to deploy secure POP and IMAP to a few people (mostly for use on mobile phones).

2. The reverse proxy only works with the HTTP port on KMS (although it serves it as HTTPS with its own certificate). This means that users do not have access to the change password option.

I sent in a wishlist a few days ago and restricting each protocol by user/group was one of the features I requested.
Previous Topic: Activesync with windows mobile 5
Next Topic: Is ClamAV worth the effort?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 00:26:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.