Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ActiveSync issues in 6.5
  •  
minvasive

Send a private message to this user
Since upgrading to 6.5 our ActiveSync users have not been able to sync. It is asking for their password repeatedly. In KMS Admin I get these messages:

[19/Feb/2008 09:25:07] HTTP/ActiveSync: User (user<_a.t_>NTDOMAIN) doesn't exist. Attempt from IP address xxx.xx.x.xx

replacing user<_a.t_>NTDOMAIN with the username

There are a few users that are logged in ok, and they were set up to login as user<_a.t_>NTDOMAIN.DOM etc.

Has something changed with NTLM auth through ActiveSync?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

In KMS 6.5.0 it is required to use correct domain name in ActiveSync settings on WM device.
It could work before for primary domain even if the setting was wrong. Now the setting must be correct for all domains.
  •  
minvasive

So, the only way to fix this on WM phones is to delete the partnership, since you are not able to change the domain for the connection. This will cause a resync. Is there anyway to avoid doubling all items on the device? Or should I be updating my resume? Surprised
  •  
My IT Indy

From what I've seen, when you delete the partnership the data is gone. Then you re-set up the device and everything should come back down.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
minvasive

That is true for email, but not for contacts/calendar/tasks.
  •  
willowsv

What phone? Our WM devices quite often do random full resyncs without duplication, Its only the odd device we have running MfE tht duplicates all the contacts.
  •  
minvasive

This was on a Motorola Q, WM5. I'll try with some other devices (t-mobile dash, Treo 750w)
  •  
willowsv

Hmmm some of our devices are quite often prone to an odd error that says "changes in blar blar must force a full resync of your phone" it continues doing this until the partnership is deleted and resetup.
  •  
minvasive

No, that doesn't happen.

Also, this appears to have duplicated only some calendar entries. Contacts/tasks are fine. Still haven't tried other devices.
  •  
bigmountain

I had a similar issue with a Motorola Q on WM5. In my warning log, it was giving me entries such as failed authentication and referenced the username as being username<_a.t_>domain<_a.t_>domain.com, for example. I ended up having to connect the cell phone to a PC via USB, establish a partnership with the PC, drop the existing exchange partnership (they call it exchange partnership) and then set up a new partnership. I set up the username as just username instead of using the whole email address and then entered in the domain. It did not like using SSL, so I disabled SSL and everything worked fine. It connected to the server, sync'd and all was good. From what I can tell, it did wipe not only the mail, but also the calendar, tasks and contacts. So, there was no duplication. End client was happy and life went on.

Preferred Kerio Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider - Offering both shared and dedicated Kerio Connect hosting solutions.
Visit us at http://bigmountainmail.com
  •  
minvasive

Yes, I've confirmed that this issue only occurred on the Motorola Q. None of the other devices (Treo 750w, t-mobile dash, Samsung i730, BlackJack) had the problem.

Lucky for me our Q was someone in our IT department and she's used to being the guinea pig... Laughing
  •  
88fingerslukee

I had this issue with a Q as well. We have 4 Q's on our server and only one had the problem. When I rebooted the phone and set up the partnership again, everything worked fine.

I'm not really sure what the deal is there but it's good now.
  •  
AgentSmith

willowsv wrote on Tue, 19 February 2008 17:01

Its only the odd device we have running MfE tht duplicates all the contacts.

About MfE: does it receive push emails and does it keep receiving them in time? With KMS 6.4 the heartbeat setting in MfE becomes too high making the software loose the connection (even though it keeps saying it is connected) after which new mails no longer push through. Resetting the heartbeat to a lower value only solves this temporarily (the heartbeat always keeps rising to a value that is too high).
  •  
willowsv

I must admit I don't know Smile I have mine set to poll every hour rather than push to save on battery. There is a new version just reeased though that might help
AgentSmith

Do you mean MfE 2.3.0? Has been around for quite some time already and unfortunately doesn't fix the problem. Neither did 2.2.0 and the old 1.x series. Maybe KMS has a hidden setting somewhere to keep the heartbeat low enough? It would be nice to set it to a maximum of 20.
Previous Topic: KOC - Spam Buttons and Kerio Tabs Missing
Next Topic: Nokia PC Suite & Blackberry local sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:59:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00573 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.