Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » PPTP VPN on Windows 2000 with WR 6
  •  
dkerber

Send a private message to this user
I am migrating from WR4 on NT4 to WR 6 on Win2k; everything works fine in NT but I have to upgrade because Kerio doesn't sell licenses for WR4 any more, and we've outgrown the 25-user license I've been running on for years.

Can somebody point me to step-by-step instructions for setting up WR 6.4 on a Windows 2000 server with M$ PPTP VPN support? I can get WR to work by itself (at least for outgoing internet connections), but can't get the VPN to work for incoming connections for my outside users. I think the trouble is in my window RRAS setup, rather than the WR setup, there are very few references out there with sufficient detail for me to figure out what I'm missing, and I've been messing with it for 3 days now. Part of the problem, of course, is testing without disrupting my current users, but I'm hoping that a set of detailed instructions will me allow to set up the machine and then plug it into place with a minimum of post-installation messing around.

TIA!
D
  •  
dkerber

I never got this going with the PPTP VPN server on the same machine as Winroute, but was able to work around it by putting the PPTP server on a separate NT4 machine behind the firewall.
  •  
ericjoung

1. Setup your VPN on W2K Server first , and ensure it can connect to VPN Server , and allow VPN client connect to your lan.

2. Set a NAT rule in Winroute like
Source "Dial In" or your VPN client's IP range
Destination "Out Going" interface
Service "Any"
Action "Permit"
Translation "NAT (default outgoing interface)"

After apply the rule , try to connect to internet from VPN client.
Previous Topic: PPPoE + Kerio WinRoute + VoIP for LINKSYS adapter.
Next Topic: Configure WinRoute Videos!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:49:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.