Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » help needed creating and deleting public events (iCal/Webmail)
  •  
playersons

Send a private message to this user
I need help in understanding behaviour of events in public calendars viewed and edited in Apple iCal.

We have following setup:

- Mac-only network, most Tiger, some Leopard clients
- KMS 6.5.0, KSC 6.5.0 on all clients (no CalDav access due to Tiger clients)
- every user has his own standard calendar plus all (three) public calendars
- all users have editor privileges, one user is administrator for public calendars

user A creates events in iCal for a public calendar
user B gets this event updated in his iCal and can also see it in Webmail access
user C (admin) deletes this event in his iCal, event also disappears in user B's iCal and in Webmail
user A still has this event in iCal but not in Webmail access

So, can someone please help me figuring out how this is supposed to work? Is it true that events stay in iCal when created there even if deleted everywhere else? Is this only true for the user who created this particular event (the above example leads me to that conclusion)? What, if any effect does it have whether events get created/deleted by administrators?

I searched the manuals but could not find anything detailed on this subject, sorry if I missed something obvious.

Thanks in advance for any helps.
Hakan Kaya
  •  
NigelH

anyone ever have any answer to this or can explain this. I just launched a Kerio server and really don;'t understand why some events are not getting deleted in iCal.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

it seems that no matter the permissions, the Mac sync connector cannot delete events from iCal. So is an assistant deletes and event in the bosses calendar it doesn't get removed from his iCal calendar.

Is this normal behavior?

anyone else having this problem?

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

I have heard nothing from support on this.

Consider Kerio Mac Sync Connector for 10.4.11 - iCal 2.05 - Kerio 6.5.2 not functional

The connector will not delete events from users calendars therefore is not a solution for calendaring on a mac.

I consider this false advertising and will be asking for a refund.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

What are the Ticket IDs?
KSC works very well on Tiger.
  •  
NigelH

Thanks for your response. Srry, but I am getting frustrated.

I created a support ticket last week.Shall I send it to your privately?

I see the same problem on many users. All my users are 10.4.11, using iCal 2.0.5; items deleted by one user are not deleted in another users iCal. Deletes fine from the server, webmail, and entourage just iCal will not delete the items. I've tried many different machines and permissions setup. no luck. looks hopeless unless support can tell me otherwise.

This is happening to ALL users so it must be a problem with Mac Sync connector.

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

Support finally contacted me and said it was a confirmed bug and there is nothing they can do. They said they have no timeline of when it will be fixed and offered no other solution thus far.

I feel their marketing material is very misleading as this bug pretty much renders the Kerio Mac Sync Connector useless in a shared collaborative environment.

I am now left with a system that doesn't work and no help from support. Great! Thanks Kerio.

I will do my best to inform other potential buyers of these false statements compatibility so they are not left the same predicament.

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I have to admit I was confused when reading terms "shared" and "assistant" because calendar sharing is not a part of KSC. Now I realized that you're talking about public folders. I can confirm that there is an issue in KMS 6.5.2 so events deleted in public calendar in Webmail are still visible in iCal. This is fixed and will be available in the upcoming 6.6.0 RC build. Private calendar sync works flawlessly.
  •  
NigelH

Thanks for your reply and sorry about the confusion. Yes, this problem is for Calendars found in the "Public Folders" area.

That said, Kerio support told me there was no timeline for fixing this bug earlier on this week. I guess we wait and see.

Any chance of letting us know when 6.6.0 will be out?

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
brucemcl

I am new to Kerio. We have an all Mac shop, but we use Entourage calendar instead of iCal. To make things look better in Entourage, we don't use the public folder. Instead I created an account called "shared." All public calendars, contact lists, etc. reside in the shared account.

Does your problem occur if you are in iCal working on another user's calendar instead of the public folder calendar? If not you could consider this as a workaround.
  •  
NigelH

brucemcl wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 18:44

I am new to Kerio. We have an all Mac shop, but we use Entourage calendar instead of iCal. To make things look better in Entourage, we don't use the public folder. Instead I created an account called "shared." All public calendars, contact lists, etc. reside in the shared account.

Does your problem occur if you are in iCal working on another user's calendar instead of the public folder calendar? If not you could consider this as a workaround.

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate it.

The error does not occur in private calendars and I've already thought of doing this workaround. That said, the workaround is not suitable for our company as calendars are heavily used; each user may have a few private and public calendars. The Public calendars also require unique permissions depending on the user or group.

Mac Sync connector cannot not show/sync delegated calendars, only personal and public therefore the workaround is not suitable.

We use ical as Entourage doesn't have a calendar overlay mode nor can it cannot sync categories to the server. The users require simultaneous viewing of multiple categories and/or calendars.

I hope this is fixed and the patch is released soon.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2008 21:11]

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

brucemcl wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 18:44

I just heard from support again. They say the problem happens with private folders as well. So putting all the calendars under one account is not a workaround. You may want to start testing your private calendars to see if they are working properly.

Support also mentioned it has been fixed for CalDav (ical 3) but was unclear if they are fixing the error for Kerio Sync Connector (ical 2) and it may or may not be released in 6.6.0. *sigh*

[Updated on: Tue, 09 September 2008 14:45]

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

Kerio Mac Sync Connector is giving me nothing but grief.

• the problem mentioned above with events not deleting in iCal
• duplicate events showing caused by the bug above, possible other bug
• sync connector just randomly stops working until reboot
• sync connector gets hung up, nothing to do but reinstall.
• support gives me conflicting reports that bugs may or may not be fixed in the upcoming release.
• repeating events keep getting duplicated
• some events will not sync
• read-only error never goes away

I've come to the conclusion that KerioMailserver is not a solution for shared calendars on the Mac via iCal.

All who are looking into Kerio as a calendar solution for the Mac, look else where.

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
Previous Topic: Calendar permissions problem - Caldav, webmail & KOC
Next Topic: No Kerio Tabs in Outlook properties
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 04:41:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00546 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.