Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » What's the best way to transfer a KWF license? (I'm installing a new firewall server and want to transfer the license.)
  •  
CYQOR

Send a private message to this user
What's the best way to do this? The old server needs to stay available until the new one is installed and ready to replace the old server. The number of clients does not change, the functionality of the server does not change.

The old server has a working license with an expired subscription, running 6.4.0 build 3176.

What I'd like to know is: can I download 6.4.1's latest build and expect it to work with the copied license key as soon as I un-installed the old KWF? Or do I need to follow a certain procedure?

Thanks!
  •  
CYQOR

OK, I figured out version 6.4.2 doesn't work with a subscription that ended Nov. 2007, so that's out of the question.

Now I only need to know if I can register a 6.4.0 (Sept. 2007) with the same license.key as I used for the currently running server.

It's essential that the old one stays online and functioning since a web server is behind this firewall that needs protection!
  •  
winkelman

Well, wether or not the active server will lose functionality after registreing the new server is an open question. I think it will not be a problem. But why don't you just install the new server without it having an Internet connection. That way you're sure it cannot 'tell Kerio it's alive' and thus the current server cannot be notified by Kerio to 'stop working'.

Once you have a fully working new server, you can just switch see what happens. Knowing you can just make the switch and there'll be no problem.

(I was gonna say: to be sure, call support, but I guess you can't... Rolling Eyes )
  •  
CYQOR

I could call support but I'm in a different time zone here (didn't check for European offices though).

Preventing the new server from accessing the internet is a possibility but it's a bit difficult to set up, keeping in mind I'm installing everything by RDP.

Anyway, I think you're right about the license and I'll be able to transfer that without a hitch. I'll just wait with the transfer until I'm about to switch, and copy all settings from the currently running server. Thanks!
  •  
winkelman

Just hit me: I believe KWF has a 30-day trial period? So you could fully install and use it without registering at all... you might want to test the current license offline. Then, if it works, reinstall KWF without the license (knowing it will transfer properly) and just work with the trial period until you're ready to migrate.
  •  
CYQOR

That sounds like a good plan Very Happy
I'll do it like you said. If any problems arise I'll just contact support about it, but that's unlikely.
Previous Topic: JAVA Applet not able to load
Next Topic: Not able to login in domain after install WinRoute
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:33:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.