Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Folder Calendars & iCal
  •  
Hank78

Send a private message to this user
Every User has a calender on iCal/Kerio 6.5:

* This calendar should be synchronzied from iCal to Kerio 6.5 and vice versa.
* Every User of the domain should have FULL read & write access to every calendar on the domain.
* New events should be created without awaiting acceptance via e-mail.
* Multiple participants should be connected to an event without copying the event to the specific calendars.
* Changes on the event should by live on every participant.
* E-Mail notices on creating events or reminders should optional.

That's, what we want. Currently we have created public calendars, which we can't synchronize with iCal, which can't create live-Events on multiple participants and which don't support optional e-mail notification.
  •  
My IT Indy

Why can't you subscribe to the Public folders with iCal? That should work just fine.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Hank78

It does subscribe to published account-calendars, but not to calendars on public folders.
  •  
My IT Indy

What version of iCal?

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Hank78

Version 3.0.1 (1205)

Edit:

Even if, i can't edit events etc. on subscribed calendars in iCal. Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 17:24]

•  
My IT Indy

Are you running 10.5 or 10.5.1? I have v3.0.2 with 10.5.2.

What happens when you click on the delegation tab in the Account Preferences? If the user has privs to the Public calendars they should show up.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Hank78

All users from "domain" have "editor" access to every public calendar on kerio.

I can subscribe to a public calendar on kerio via iCal now, reached it five minutes ago, but i can't create an event or select any "calendar" as participant.

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 17:34]

•  
My IT Indy

Can you upgrade one machine to 10.5.2 and see if you can see the Public calendar? It should show up under the delegation tab for the ical account. I know mine does.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Hank78

I can subscribe a public calendar with iCal. I see the events. I can't edit the events or create some. It's just "read". I subscribed with my account info, which has admin-rights to kerio in general and to the public calendar in specific.

And i can't browse through the public calendars. Just can subscribe to specific calendar.

Sorry, Edit: nope, i can't upgrade a machine. admin would kill me. Wink i'll ask him tomorrow for that. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 17:50]

•  
My IT Indy

I had an issue when I first installed 6.5.0 and it gave me read-only permissions to the public folder. I was told by Kerio to restart the server as there's an integrity check performed on the mail store at boot. This fixed my problems. Try that if you can.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Hank78

I'll try. Tank you for the patience. I'll give you an update if it works or not Smile
  •  
Hank78

Hi again.

Restartet Kerio Mail.. but still read-only permissions on subscribed public calendars.
  •  
monsterfreecity

According to Kerio in another thread, all calendars will respect the "lowest" access rights given to any calendar, meaning if one of your public calendars is set to read-only, all of them will be read-only. There are also some interesting notes about "Administratior" versus "Editor" in the admin manual.

I was only able to get read-write working after carefully setting the access rights on everything -- including the Public Folders itself -- and then restarting both the mail server and re-setting all the iCal 3.x clients' Delegation lists.

•  
silver02suby

Am I to understand that the CalDAV implementation for iCal in 6.5.0 is a set of "all or nothing" permissions for the items within Public Folders?

This is a bit of a problem for us, since not all of our public folder calendars have the same permissions. I dont want my project managers being able to edit the "License Renewals" calendar, nor do I want my sales people scheduling their own vacations on the "vacations and reviews" calendar. Like file sharing, sub-folders within the main share might have more restricted rights (a la ACLs in Mac OS X Server).

I'm very impressed with 6.5.0 so far but if this limitation is true, I have to knock my "A-" grade down to a "B". Great that it works... not great that I have to over-privilege my iCal users...

- Bill
- Genesis Home Technologies

Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You should contact Apple. It is not a KMS issue. It is CalDAV implementation in iCal where the limit is. KMS supports access rights per calendar, however iCal does not.
Previous Topic: Training spam filters with POP
Next Topic: Turning off list confirmation emails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:26:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00578 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.