Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.5 wiith Tunderbird lightning works !
  •  
benodilo

Send a private message to this user
I'm so happy to write this topic to say the update of calendar works with Thunderbird + lightning with KMS 6.5 !

I use Caldav with path : https://IP_serveur/calendars/domain/user/calendar

The only little complaint is Thunderbird is not in manuals... When Kerio will officialy support Thunderbird ?

[Updated on: Mon, 25 February 2008 18:09]

•  
M Moogle

So far, everything mostly seems to work for me. Calendars, shared calendars, public calendars, and tasks all seem to sync. However, I haven't had any success getting the Free/Busy support in Lightning to work. I've tried .7 and the newest .8pre release. It just remains pink which represents "No information". Has anyone else had any luck?
  •  
Nixs

Lightning shows free/busy on my KMS connected calendar. If I go into the event and go options/show event time as -- it's there.

But the event doesn't look and different one way or the other on the calendar. And yes, I am re syncing to get the updated status.

While I mostly use Thunderbird for e-mail on my Windows PC, I use Outlook also mostly for the Calendar support. I tried Sunbird in the .3 days. It's nice to see progress, but I still can't see this replacing the Outlook calendar for me.
  •  
benodilo

For me all works and I use shared calendar, I have only one problem :
When I move a event I must reload the calendar to see the change. I don't know if the problem is from KMS or lightning.

What is "free/busy" ? I don't understand.

What is the difference between public and shared calendar ? How do it ?

Best regards.
  •  
SmartFix

I have Thunderbird + Lightening working also. But I have the same problem as you , I can't see the Free/Busy info when I want to invite someone. If I get a meeting request from someone else I can't Accept it to the calendar that's connected. If I accept it to my personal (offline) calendar there's no problem.

Do you have that problem also ??

Please let me know if you already fixed the problem with the free/busy info and if you have the problem with accepting meeting requests also.

Kind Regards.
  •  
jaikudo

M Moogle wrote on Mon, 25 February 2008 17:57

So far, everything mostly seems to work for me. Calendars, shared calendars, public calendars, and tasks all seem to sync.

What is the URL for the Public calendars? I can't get those going in Sunbird.
  •  
M Moogle

I'm able to get to the Public Calender via:
https://server/calendars/domain/username/Public%20Folders/Ca lendar
Other people's shared calendars:
https://server/calendars/domain/someotheruser/Calendar

I still can't get the Free/Busy indication working when trying to invite someone to a meeting. I've also run into a bug where I can't dismiss an event, but I think that might be the nightly build of Lightning that I'm currently trying.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

SmartFix wrote on Tue, 26 February 2008 16:54

I have Thunderbird + Lightening working also. But I have the same problem as you , I can't see the Free/Busy info when I want to invite someone. If I get a meeting request from someone else I can't Accept it to the calendar that's connected. If I accept it to my personal (offline) calendar there's no problem.

Do you have that problem also ??

Please let me know if you already fixed the problem with the free/busy info and if you have the problem with accepting meeting requests also.

Kind Regards.

Freebusy feature in Sunbird/Lightning is designed to work only with the Sun Java Calendar Server. Unfortunately, Sunbird cannot use free/busy with CalDAV account. It simply does not ask the server at all.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 March 2008 11:52]

•  
SmartFix

Thanks for your reaction. Has anyone solved the problem that you can't accept meeting requests already ?

Please let me know.
  •  
M Moogle

In regards to the alarm dismissal/weird event bugs in the latest Lightning builds:
After posting on Bugzilla and doing some tests in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=417873, it seems like Kerio doesn't support some of the CalDAV standards fully. There was another bug opened for a different piece of calendaring software (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=418050) with symptoms pretty similar to what I'm seeing.
  •  
bhaggerty

I setup Thunderbird and Lightning to connect the kerio mail server.
I have the Public Calendar's working now; but they are SLOW!!!! Anytime I change the calendar that I am looking at, every calendar must reload. This will take at best 20 seconds. The only calendars that load fast is our local database reminder times using icalendar.
Any help to speed up this would be great.
I am running KMS6.5 on Ubuntu server.
Thanks
Brock
  •  
rblakely

I'm using KMS 6.5.1 and Sunbird 0.8 on Windows XP, with Sunbird accessing calendars via CalDAV.
It works fine, EXCEPT -
1. At startup, Sunbird does not load calendars that are ticked to be displayed, without the user manually selecting "Reload Remote Calendars".
2. Even with just one Kerio calendar set up in Sunbird, it takes 30 to 40 seconds for Sunbird to do the initial load of the calendar from KMS. (There's nothing unusual about the contents of the calendar). After that is done, there is no real delay, for that Sunbird session.

The reason we want to use Sunbird is so that all users can view and edit all other users diaries. This seems impractical to do within Outlook.

I'm going to move KMS to a faster server, but I still think there will be an unacceptable delay in Sunbird doing the initial load of the calendar.

Anybody got any suggestions on this?

Thanks
Russell
  •  
benodilo

I don't think the perfomance of sevrer is the problem.
I have change my KMS from a Win2000(1.5Ghz 1go RAM, ethernet 100) to a Fedora (ESX with 16Go RAM and Bi-processor, serveur X down, ethernet 1000).
I have not difference of time to load the calendar.

Really sorry.
  •  
M Moogle

The delay on loading calendars on startup is a bug in Sunbird/Lightning. I reported a bug and its being tracked here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=434354
  •  
rblakely

Well, at least we know what's wrong.
As Kerio MS appears to be the only CalDAV server that triggers this bug, could Kerio issue a patch?

And/or...

Does anyone know another CalDAV client that could provide instant access to user's calendars?
What's great about Sunbird/Lightning (if it were not for this bug), is that you can have a big list of users' calendars, and you just tick the one you want to view/edit. You can then copy that Sunbird profile for other users, so that the list of calendars only has to be manually set up once.
Is there any other CalDAV client that could do that.

The reason why we're trying to use CalDAV like this is because the KOC method of manually setting up for each user mapped folders seems impracticable in an environment where everyone needs to view/edit everyone else's calendar.

Thanks
Russell
Previous Topic: KOFF and ACT! 6.0
Next Topic: iPhone-Blackberry
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 12:29:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.