Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF 6.5 and pop3 account with Outlook 2003 (bug?)
  •  
mcicognani

Send a private message to this user
I have Outlook 2003 SP3, KOFF 6.5 and a couple more pop3 external account.
Kerio Mailstore is the default store for new mails.

There is a difference in how KOC and KOFF behave when receiving new mail from external account.
KOC make Outlook to show its new mail preview, setting bold font for the inbox folder.
KOFF does not make Outlook notify anything, the message just appear in the Inbox folder as it was already red.
This happens only with external pop3 accounts, new mail received through the server behave normally.

It's a small glitch, but I was used to get new mail notification with previous KOC versions.
Just wondering if it's an intended behaviour or not.

I guess that registering the pop3 accounts into the Kerio server would solve the problem, but maybe it's not always possible in all the situations.
  •  
mcicognani

There's more: the messages delivered to KOFF mailstore are saved as Draft items, not received mail.
I.e. if you open them you get the 'Send' button, not the 'Reply'.
  •  
pdsgomes

so, is this a bug or it works like this???
  •  
mcicognani

Haven't heard anyone about this... I'm wondering if I'm one of the few experiencing this behaviour...

Is there anyone out there that is checking external POP3 account and deliver that mail to KOFF folders?
It shouldn'd be so uncommon...
  •  
waikiki

I also experience this problem.
I have a GMAIL account that I use together with my KOFF company account and all the GMAIL emails are not being marked as new by KOFF.
Hopefully, this will be fixed in the next version. Its not so much of a problem though to me.

Can someone from KERIO confirm that this is a bug and being worked on?
  •  
jruss

Confirmed to operate in the same manner in Outlook 2007
  •  
mcicognani

Just to let know: version 6.5.1 fixed it. Smile
Previous Topic: user can't view Public subfolders via Entourage
Next Topic: Help! Spamassassin overtagging after 6.5.1. update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 15:03:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.