Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connecter 6.5 Offline
  •  
neilwr

Send a private message to this user
I have upgraded the server to version 6.5 from 6.4.2 with no errors and upgrade went fine.

Users on there desktops have connector 6.4.2. When they run outlook they were prompted to upgrade which went fine no problems there.

As a example I will use my mail box. All the above went fine.

The problems arise with the off line connector.

My normal 6.5 connecter (not offline) is installed and running with a connection to 2 other mailbox so I can control spam and a support mailbox.

All works great. Everone is using Outlook 2007 with SP1 on Windows XP SP2 with all updates applied.

Increased my user level permissions on the PC to be a local admins. Installed outlook connector 6.5 offline over the top of the normal connector, which instrustions say is fine.

All went smooth, started outlook, and noticed that the 2 other mailboxes were not under my outlook profile any more.

So went to mail setup - outlook, Email Accounts, Properties of the Email account which shows the Kerio Outlook Connecter properties on my account.

Clicked on other mail boxes (doing this from memory as returned to normal outlook connecter) put in the user name of the mailbox I required to see which was spam and it showed the inbox.

All good there and I press OK to confirm the changes and the following error appeared.

Error was to be inserted here but appended itself to the end.

I then tried to remove the email box that I had tried to connect to and got the same error as I had before.

I then had to delete the profile of my user in outlook and set it up again to use my mail box and revert back to straight outlook connecter to be able to see the 2 mail boxes I had connected to so I could see the inboxes.

I also noted that in the error log of the mail server the following errors was appearing over and over again.

[29/Feb/2008 07:28:23] folder_manager.cpp: Attempt to create folder 'username<_a.t_> domain.com.au/__keriomapi__STORE/__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT/__k eriomapi__IPM_ROOT/RSS Feeds1' with forbidden type 0 in folder 'username<_a.t_> domain.com.au/__keriomapi__STORE/__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT/__k eriomapi__IPM_ROOT'
[29/Feb/2008 07:28:25] Last message repeated 7 times

This error repeats itself over and over again in the error log and I also noted that in outlook several RSS Feeds folders have now been created with a extra number on the end, as in RSS Feeds1, RSS Feeds 2 and so on.

Would love to solve this error for the off line connecter as we have several users wishing to use the features of it and I am one of those wishing to use it.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2008 22:51]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Described error may happen in Outlook 2007 only when adding/removing additional mailboxes. To avoid this configure additional mailboxes in the Mail application in Control panels and not use Outlook for that. We are working on a solution. It will be available in next service build.
  •  
neilwr

But the mail icon in control panel calls the same mail setup - outlook as if you right clicked the outlook and selected propierties to do the same things via the start menu or tools account settings in outlook?

But this error has appeared in the logs with a user that has no extra mailboxes.

29/Feb/2008 07:28:23] folder_manager.cpp: Attempt to create folder 'username<_a.t_> domain.com.au/__keriomapi__STORE/__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT/__k eriomapi__IPM_ROOT/RSS Feeds1' with forbidden type 0 in folder 'username<_a.t_> domain.com.au/__keriomapi__STORE/__keriomapi__STORE_ROOT/__k eriomapi__IPM_ROOT'
[29/Feb/2008 07:28:25] Last message repeated 7 times

[Updated on: Thu, 28 February 2008 23:08]

•  
neilwr

First test of adding in a mailbox via the control panel still results in the error in my origional post.

you then have to cancel and the mail boxes are added and I can access them but the errors are still a concern.
  •  
sjourney

I have opened a ticket on this issue as well. We only have 2 outlook 07 users with KOFF, me being one of them. Both users have this error. And i know that i have not added or removed any other mailboxes.

Also have a ticket open for another outlook 2007 issue with KOFF. It will not sync the sub folders of my inbox unless i go and click on them. I have let KOFF sit for an hour or so in the AM when i first open it. New mail will not sync to those folders until i click on each one. After that all is well for the day. But have to redo this process every AM.

Because of these 2 reasons i have not rolled out KOFF to 07 users outside of our IT dept. 03 seems go to go. but is appears there are issues with 07.
  •  
neilwr

We are solely Office 2007 SP1 and got it working on my laptop with errors and with 2 other mailboxes.

Other laptop its working but lot of errors flowing in error log.

3rd user had to go back to normal conenctor as the off line one would not conenct to mailbox to see the inbox even though all privileges were set, it said it could not find the mail box.
  •  
ktbernt

same problem here, we have this "bug" with OU03 an OU07 .... only the koff useres
  •  
Wilco

I have the same problem. With a Outlook 2003 client and KOfflineC 6.7. It add's new RSS folders with numbers (eg RSS-feed01 ) everytime the application opens. Sad The user uses OU03 and OU07 on several clients/workstations.

wilco

Kerio Connect 9.2.3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 (dutch)
Previous Topic: Locale support for Debian and KMS 6.7
Next Topic: Free/Busy in Outlook 2007 w/ Vista x64
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:05:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00502 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.