Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOC KOFF 6.5 corrupt Profile problems
  •  
flxkid

Send a private message to this user
I upgraded to 6.5 from 6.4.2. One one machine all is working fine, but on every other machine I am having major problems with profiles becoming corrupt. For the last 3 days I have had to recreate almost every users mail profile. They are getting errors about it not being able to open the information store. Or if they login to a different TS box it didn't bring over the KOC server settings so it can't contact the server (we have roaming profiles and have kerio on port 4443).

No prior upgrades have caused problems like this one. I am really getting overwhelmed with issues on an upgrade that seems like it wasn't that big of a deal. Is anyone else having problems like this?

It seems that KOC isn't working with roaming profiles so well anymore. In the past it has always worked just fine in this scenario.

OLIVER
  •  
steven

Hi,

also having a few problems with messages coming up blank due to corruption of the properties.fld file in a certain folder when KOC was upgraded

removing that file in the affected folders resolved the problem for me.

greetz,
steven

[Updated on: Tue, 04 March 2008 11:33]

•  
jmergy

I am seeing this in testing as well. I am running it on Windows 2003 and it has a problem. I am unable to create a new profile with Kerio KOFF 6.5 that can be accessed once the account has logged-off.
  •  
jmergy

I am unable to create a new profile with a kerio koff connection with outlook 2003 on windows 2003 terminal services / remote desktop that 'sticks' between logins.

getting

"Unable to open your default email folders. The Information store could not be opened"

Seems pretty consistant. Must be a problem with the way the Kerio connector wants to store the data. We have the windows setup going to a central server so not the standard "C:\Docs and Settings\user\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook\" dealio.

Why don't they just ask where you want to save the outlook file? That might fix it .
  •  
willowsv

Kerio rearlly need to add a way to force the server to re-index everything.

Previous upgrades HAVE caused descrepancys in .fld files but I must admin I find it a common thing on upgrades. The re-indexing should be made autmatic on mailserver startup from an upgrade.
  •  
flxkid

Switched to the version without offline caching and everything seems to be working properly. One user noticed that the koff version was trying to download our entire 50K public contact folder in the background. I wonder if the corruption was somehow related to this. Anyways, using this version seems to make things just work.

Of course, it took me 2 days to discover this and in the mean time all of our users lost their profiles in Outlook which got rid of the auto-complete on email address which has really put me in the gutter....Thanx Kerio!

I have to just keep reminding myself...its better than Exchange....

OLIVER
  •  
jmergy

I installed the non-offline caching version, but still only get 1 option (the offline version) in Outlook setup / Other Types.

Did you have to uninstall the koff and install the regular connector?

Just wondering.

By the way, we are a fresh install no legacy versions or anything. We have most of our users on Remote Desktop, so this is a big deal pre-implementation.

It will probably be fine on standard XP, Office 2003 on a local machine, but ability to operate in terminal services is HUGE. Like I said, perhaps it is confused because we are using folder redirection for users applications settings and user profiles to a central server.
  •  
jmergy

I take it back - I am seeing both connectors now. I will also test with a local user (with standard Docs and Settings) on the terminal server.

I am sure the issue is with Kerio's inability to handle the Docs and Settings redirection and/or roaming profiles in a Terminal Services environment.
  •  
jmergy

Yeah -

Local user on terminal server with location of Application Data and Local Settings in standard place (i.e. c:\Documents and Settings\<username>) it works fine.

Domain user on terminal server and location of Application Data and Local Settings in folder redirected location (i.e. \\<other server>\homedirs\<username>) KOFF does not keep setup info after setup and then logout.

The folder redirection deal is actually pretty important because it allows central profiles and settings if you have multiple terminal servers rather than keeping many profiles for the same user on a bunch of servers so it is not like I can just bag that.

•  
jmergy

Well after further testing,

The good news is the non-offline works in the folder redirected environment just fine and really, if people are terminaling / remote desktoping in, then they have to be on a network and that network is connected to the internet, so offline is really not a need.

So, use the non-offline version if you are seeing the problem and have the type of environment where you have people coming in on terminal services or citrix and have a centralized user settings profile and/or roaming profiles.
  •  
flxkid

Yeah,

This is our exact setup also....roaming profiles, multiple TSs....

Glad they didn't break it entirely.

What's the easiest way to make sure this gets to the right people so it gets fixed soon?

OLIVER
  •  
jmergy

I logged a ticket.

ECS-817720

•  
krogius

Hey guys,

My KOFF offline caused Outlook to crash on "New email" and gave odd errors when opening emails etc. Messages contained KOFF_DB_ data in error details telling me it's gotta be KOFF that's not working. So, I did a bit of testing and found a way to fix this without having to re-configure my entire profile. I have 10 other email accounts plus all kinds of rules for each account in the same Profile and it takes hours to set everything up if I have to create a new Outlook profile!

So, I figured the Firebird database was corrupt and tried fixing it with a Firebird console but that didn't help even though it did find errors in the database. So, I decided to let KOFF create me a new file. And it worked perfectly. Here's an example of what I did using Vista & Outlook 2007:

Backup before you do anything and don't blame me if things go bad!

* Close Outlook (Make sure the KOFF icon dissapears from the icon tray!)

* Open ControlPanel -> Mail -> Show Profiles -> Add ...
- This new TEMP profile should use KOFF and all should be configured normally (see KOFF docs for this if you aren't familiar with configuring KOFF)
- Remember to select "Prompt for a profile to be used" in the "Mail" window after saving the TEMP profile, So that Outlook asks which profile to use when it starts.

* Run Outlook, select to use the new TEMP profile you just created, and close Outlook soon after it's opened properly. Just make sure the STORE.FBD file was created here:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Kerio\Outlook Connector\[name of profile]+[random crap in foldername]
NOTE: Each profile will have it's own folder so be sure to look in the right folder if you have many profiles!
NOTE2: The file may already create itself when you have created the profile and you may not need to actually run Outlook - but I didn't have time to test this theory... it's up to you to figure out whether running Outlook is really necessary...

* Close Outlook again, make sure the KOFF icon disappears and is not syncing or doing anything else...

* Delete/Rename the old STORE.FDB from the OLD profile's folder (the profile you want to use)

* Copy/Move STORE.FDB from the TEMP profile's folder to the OLD profile's folder.

* Run Outlook and make sure you are using the OLD, now fixed, profile. Now it will re-sync everthing with KMS and all is fien and dandy... You can go back to "Mail" and remove the TEMP profile now.

/* Kerio should really really add a "re-sync" option to make this soooooo much simpler */

Maybe someone found a faster way to do this? if so, post that method here so we all can fix it faster the next time KOFF decides to corrupt the firebird database.

- Mikael

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2008 10:10]

•  
Nixs

Easy way to do it -- Control panel / e-Mail - e-mail accounts... Remove your KOFF profile, then add it back. We've done that w/out loosing any settings or content. Pretty simple. It deletes the cache file & the 8MB error log goes away.

mmbitguy

Just a note that Outlook's recall is stored in a file with the name of the outlook profile and an extension of NK2. We simply generate a new outlook profile name and replace the NK2 file that is generated with the one from the prior profile...user happy.

Previous Topic: Palm Treo / Windows / Outlook 2007 users?
Next Topic: del
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:44:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00572 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.