Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone getting ActiveSync!
  •  
My IT Indy

Send a private message to this user
  •  
ashish318

This is great news!

Hopefully it will integrate natively with KMS like WM does.
  •  
My IT Indy

We'll have to wait until June to find out....

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
jshaw541

HoosierMac wrote on Thu, 06 March 2008 12:04

We'll have to wait until June to find out....

Your organization can apply for and pay $299 for the Enterprise program and get a beta of the iPhone 2.0 software for testing now-ish.

Our org has applied and we hope to get some early testing in.

More info here: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/program/details.html

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
My IT Indy

Since my organization is Me, and I'm not a developer AND I don't have an iphone (yet) I'll pass. I am downloading the SDK however so will poke around.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
monsterfreecity

Wow, so the best way of getting Microsoft out of your organization is to now use Microsoft's (paid-for license) transport on your Apple device to an emulated Microsoft server?

Man, after 15 long years of sticking with and evangelizing Apple technologies, I have now officially seen it all.

Just please tell me it ends with the iPhone, and that Kerio will get their CalDAV act together -- I quit if it means rolling out Entourage to 260 users.

Smile
  •  
My IT Indy

Apple probably had 2 ideas with this:

1) they would make more money by selling more iphones if they bit the bullet and licensed AS.

2) They could probably kill off windows mobile and or RIM by doing this. Both BB and WinMO have strengths with businesses however anything else just sucks on them.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
jshaw541

monsterfreecity wrote on Thu, 06 March 2008 18:40

Just please tell me it ends with the iPhone, and that Kerio will get their CalDAV act together

What's wrong with CalDAV on Kerio?

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
monsterfreecity

First of all, I should be clear that I am *thrilled* that KMS supports CalDAV at all, that Kerio has proven themselves to by very Mac-savvy and -friendly, and that I love working with KMS. I just wish KMS's CalDAV was a little more fleshed out vis a vis iCal, and integrated better with the iPhone.

Search for the other CalDAV forums, and you will see that Public Folders calendars have deal-crushing limitations under KMS that group calendars being served by OS X Leopard Server do not have. One set of access rights -- the most restrictive one -- is applied to ALL public calendars regardless of how you set them on each calendar, meaning you cannot have different calendars for different groups, unless you are doing all authoring in the web client, or unless everybody can write to everything.

This limitation does not exist in group calendars served by OS X Leopard Server (which be worth mentioning but for the disparity between the way KMS and Leopard serve stuff to iCal).
  •  
jshaw541

monsterfreecity wrote on Fri, 07 March 2008 08:27

First of all, I should be clear that I am *thrilled* that KMS supports CalDAV at all, that Kerio has proven themselves to by very Mac-savvy and -friendly, and that I love working with KMS. I just wish KMS's CalDAV was a little more fleshed out vis a vis iCal, and integrated better with the iPhone.

Search for the other CalDAV forums, and you will see that Public Folders calendars have deal-crushing limitations under KMS that group calendars being served by OS X Leopard Server do not have. One set of access rights -- the most restrictive one -- is applied to ALL public calendars regardless of how you set them on each calendar, meaning you cannot have different calendars for different groups, unless you are doing all authoring in the web client, or unless everybody can write to everything.

This limitation does not exist in group calendars served by OS X Leopard Server (which be worth mentioning but for the disparity between the way KMS and Leopard serve stuff to iCal).

Thanks for lucidly explaining this. It was very helpful. We don't currently utilize these features, so we haven't encountered this gap in our CalDAV testing. It may bite us in the butt later, though.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
jjprusk

Has anyone reported the "public calendar access control" issue to Kerio? This is one I didn't realize and will report it if nobody else has. It's a big deal as is pointed out and makes using public calendars difficult.
Previous Topic: 550 5.7.1 H:MXB Connection refused due to abuse
Next Topic: Mail list administration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 00:43:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.