Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of office and Mail
  •  
Brian D

Send a private message to this user
Is there any way to enable "Out of office" on Mac OS X without logging in to Webmail? I know it's possible with Entourage 2008 but we're using Apple Mail on Tiger/Leopard. I imagine a way could be either an AppleScript or a Dashboard widget but i don't have the skills to make it. Any ideas?

Thanks

/Brian D
  •  
rinzwind

In Safari you can easily add a view to a html page to dashboard (Archive->Open in Dashboard). You have to be logged in to use it however...

•  
Brian D

Thanks for the answer, but as you mention you would have to be logged in to the webmail and we would like to avoid this in the situation.

/Brian D
  •  
Richard Spensley

Hi, we have just purchased and installed KMS and we are running it in an all Mac OSX environment. We would also like to be able to utilise the out-of-office feature without using the webmail. Is there any chance that Kerio will be creating a plugin similar to the Entourage/Outlook plugin for Apple Mail?
  •  
Brian D

I sure hope Kerio would consider developing such a plugin. Until that day i would be satisfied with the possibility of a direct URL-link to the Out of Office window/enabler in WebMail. I know its http://MYSERVERNAME/default/outOfOffice.php but if i click it i will get a message saying "Your Session has expired. You must login again". If i instead was prompted for a login and thereafter was redirected to the Out of Office window/enabler i could easily mail this link to my Apple Mail users and provide them an easy somewhat userfriendly way of enabling Out of Office.
  •  
Switch

Same here, we get more and more questions on how to enable - disable out of office, preferably via a url or so. Iphone users can then just switch...

Any suggestions?
  •  
p0ddie

Patience - I imagine with all the Exchange integration Apple is doing right now, this will be a feature in an upcoming version of Mail.app...
  •  
marook

But is Kerio an Exchange server.. No?

Outlook needs a Kerio plug-in, so it's NOT an Exchange server, so Apple can't add Exchange 'OoO' in Mail and 'just make it work' with Kerio.

A small plug-in to Mail would be easier to make, if Kerio has aa 'API' to use...

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: PHP WebDAV Development
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7 feature "delete objects older than x" only damain-wide?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 08:52:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.