Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iCal invitation addresses
  •  
klynde

Send a private message to this user
I am testing Kerio 6.5 with iCal 3.02. Everything is working fine except for entering email addresses for invitations.

I have to enter the complete email address - iCal is not filling in the addresses from the Address Book. I have LDAP set up in address book and Mail can find the addresses from the Kerio directory.

Is there anything else that needs to be set up? Do I have to use the Kerio sync connector?

Thanks,

Ken Lynde
Heinrich Marketing
  •  
monsterfreecity

Same here across two different servers with otherwise-working LDAP.
  •  
komakino

I noticed the same lack of address autocompletion when adding attendees to iCal events in CalDAV-enabled accounts vs. KMS 6.5.0. Apple's CalDAV server will do autocompletion if the client is bound to Open Directory, indicating that perhaps LDAP is being used for this function.

I called Kerio support and they indicated that this behavior is normal for KMS 6.5.0 and that address autocompletion is not currently supported for CalDAV iCal accounts.

Chris Williams
Consulting Engineer
DaVinci Digital
Portland, OR
  •  
john.falkus

Did support give any indication if the auto complete function would be added in the future, as with out it our users would complain bitterly
  •  
komakino

It has been confirmed that address autocompletion depends upon LDAP. New LDAP attributes containing the principals for users' CalDAV calendars would need to be added to Kerio's LDAP server, and client computers would need to be setup to do lookups on Kerio's LDAP directory.

I look forward to these features being added to KMS, but I have no special information as to when this might happen. The more people who vote to have this feature added by posting to this thread and/or contacting support, the higher of a priority it will become I imagine.

Chris Williams
Consulting Engineer
DaVinci Digital
Portland, OR
  •  
schjarven

Hi!
This needs to be fixed! The strange thing is that the ldap name lookup works from Outlook, webmail and from Entourage 2008. Not to mention from Address Book and Mail.app. But not from iCal, the "default" calendar tool on the Mac platform.

Could this be solved by using the correct settings for Directory Utility? It seems that iCal in the Address Panel checks with any Directories its validated against, so couldn't that be Kerio too?

Confused are
  •  
ianwestcott

Here's my vote: I am evaluating Kerio as a calendaring solution for my company's all-Mac environment, and this bug is basically a deal breaker for us. Confused Please fix it!
  •  
inbound

Hi,

just ran into this thread, looking to get this solved.
Does anybody have any info as to whether this has been implemented in the current version 6.7 ?

thanks,
- Bart
  •  
tek_san

bump!
Has anyone, especially kerio been able to fix this or to provide a workaround. This is a complete showstopper, as it forces us to use the expensive entourage client...

What I should add: If you make use of the Kerio Sync Connector and add both, ical and addressbook in here you are able to invite attendees, BUT you loose the ability to connect to other than your calendars, no shared ones available here...

regards

Oliver

[Updated on: Wed, 22 July 2009 08:50]

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The solution is to configure your Mac client properly (preferably by iCal auto-configuration tool available at KMS web interface).

CalDAV account in iCal requires the Directory Utility to be correctly configured for connecting to KMS server as a OpenDirectory server via LDAP. So you need to configure the Directory Utility and make sure that it can use LDAP on KMS (correct credentials, hostname and opened ports).

For inviting attendees in local iCal calendars Mac client use AddressBook - that's why it works with KSC.
  •  
tek_san

I tried that and it failed..
but it only failed on my account. As I tried another admin account on my mac it worked and I can invite attendees as expected!
So I have to check out, why it fails on my account to get this running.

regards

Oliver

KC 7.3.1, Win2003 in vsphere 4.1, store drive attached via iSCSI, OS drive attached via NFS.
220+ IMAP Accounts: 210 OSX Mail /Entourage Clients, 10 Outlook 2003 KOC Clients - iPhones, Nokia E66, HTC 4350
Archive:EMA Appliance, SpamFilter: Nospamproxy
  •  
d.

Hi there.

One thing to do is to delete the old KMS reference in the Directory utility. (Otherwise, you can end up with several references in there). Then try re-adding the account to the workstation, using the Kerio iCal setup app again.

(Close Directory Utility first).

Also, for testing purposes, try setting up a simple account, with a simple password, and then try using the Kerio iCal setup app with that account.

When we've had problems, it's either because the account was locked, or, because the password was being entered incorrectly or similar.

Also, you need to enter 3 characters or more, for auto complete to work on a name. So entering "Jo" won't work. You need to enter at least "Joh" or "Jo." or "Jo_" or whatever the third character is in the address you're typing Smile

(e.g. for a name like Jo Bloggs, John Bloggs, Jo_Bloggs, Jo.Bloggs etc.)

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
D.

•  
nzer

Does anyone know how to make Auto Complete work without using the iCal auto-configuration tool?

Or...

How to get the auto-configuration tool to setup CalDAV over SSL (Port 443) instead of port 80?

Thank you.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

nzer wrote on Wed, 30 December 2009 21:05
Does anyone know how to make Auto Complete work without using the iCal auto-configuration tool?

Or...

How to get the auto-configuration tool to setup CalDAV over SSL (Port 443) instead of port 80?

Thank you.

Use valid server SSL certificate with correct server hostname and iCal autoconfig tool will use 443. If the certificate is not valid or the hostname does not match, SSL cannot be used and even if you configure it manually in the iCal and Directory Utility it will not work. Mac OS X will not be able to connect to port 443 in such case.
nzer

Thanks for the fast reply, Kerio__pdobry!

Consider this a geeky/a*al-retentive exercise... but how do I go about setting up auto complete without the auto-configuration tool?

Thanks again!
Previous Topic: Export Addresses
Next Topic: iPhone - Tasks - IMexchange
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:26:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00560 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.