Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Desperte migration help
  •  
dekrohn

Send a private message to this user
Just tried to migrated KMS from a Win2K Pro box to run under Windows 2003 Server. I did the following and it does not yet work;

1 - stopped the old server and mover to new server per the KB article 'how to move' - even generated a new licebse key.

2 - went under winroute firewall and changed the mapping to direct SMTP traffic from the address of the old server IP to the new server IP.

3 - then I realized Server 2003 has IIS running on it so I followed the article on changing ports 27/81/444

Still no luck

On the old server, you can browse from any box to the mailserver by using http://mailserver/ and this would bring up the web interface. This does not happen and I am unsure how to get it to happen.

I went into KOC on individual machine and changed the server from 'mailserver' (the old name) to 'server' (the new name and still no luck.,

Getting desperate.

ANY ONE CAN HELP - I just turned off the new version and turned on the old, but I am unsure if it is even possible to start up the new one to play with it without fouling upo the old one that that is still working.

If it can fix it soon, great - if not, I will have to migrate the mail store over again I think.

Dave
  •  
gregschultz

Try turning off IIS, as that will interfere with it.
  •  
dekrohn

Interesting suggestion, but even if it worked, it wold kill the rest of the business. Kerio does mention the problem but says to just change the port numbers, but this did not work. UPDATE - I stopped all services since I have the mail server running on our original machine. O started HTTP and changed to port 81 and I can open email so maybe that IS the answer.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 March 2008 20:52]

•  
sedell

If you've already had KMS running when you disable or change ports on IIS, you may need to restart the KMS service so it can bind to the now available ports. You can also go into the Kerio Administration Console, navigate to Kerio MailServer -> Configuration -> Services, right-click and choose Start for each service that's not running.

Scott
  •  
scottwilkins

Unless you've only got a handful of users, I'd recommend keeping Kerio on it's own server. You might even consider a virtual server if you have space/hardware limits.
Previous Topic: Kerio 6.4.2 and entourage setup
Next Topic: 1st recipient visible with Bcc
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:19:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.