Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » migrating to new server - OSX
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
howdy

looking to move our mail server to a newer... bigger hard-drive

currently we have it running on a machine with softRAID controlling 2 HD's

i am wanting to move the whole lot.... lock stock and barrel.... to a new machine... is this possible?.. i am thinking of carbon copy cloning the drive from one machine to another... would that pick up all the approp files etc

if not... and i need to do it manually..... what files/folders do i need to copy across (it would seem that alot of the files etc are hidden in OSX)

any help would be greatly appreciated

also

how does one archive a user so that i can clear up data from the current server... and how easy is it to restore the user back into kerio?

if a user deletes files from their account... is the space freed up on the server immediately... if not... what do i need to do to clear up space?

thanks

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2008 16:38]

•  
My IT Indy

The problem might be in the OS on the machine. Moving an older install to a new machine might cause problems.

However, if that's not a problem you can stop the KMS, use CCC or SuperDuper to clone to a new drive in a new machine and be right back up and running.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
yukiomishima

cool

thanks for the prompt reply

yukioMishima
  •  
yukiomishima

if i did happen to have issues moving it via CCC or superDuper

what is the procedure for doing it manually

it would seem that alot of the directories etc that are discussed in the KB are invisible.... is it as simple as making the directory visible (using something like "tinkertool".. moving the appropriate directories... and then hiding the files?

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

yukioMishima

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2008 19:31]

•  
My IT Indy

CCC and SuperDuper will clone a drive to another drive. There's no need to make anything visible. Just make sure you stop all processes before doing this.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
yukiomishima

right

understood

however... as stated above.... kerio is running on a machine that is using "softraid"

can i then use CCC to clone the entire drive to another machine that is NOT using softraid... or will that be an issue?

thanks

yukioMishima
  •  
My IT Indy

Sorry, that should not be an issue at all. If you use SuperDuper and select "Erase destination" or whatever it's called then it will do a block for block copy of the filesystem. If you don't choose to erase the destination first it will do a file by file copy.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
yukiomishima

finally managed to get find time to attack this

installed 2 x 1TB drives into the server (mirror RAID)

copied all of the data from the old 120gb drive using superDuper (incl the system folder)

fired up the machine from the new 1TB mirror RAID drives

NO PROBLEM Smile

all works as expected

thanks again for your help

yukioMishima
  •  
My IT Indy

Excellent news!

-
My IT Indy
  •  
johnakeating

I would use netrestore it is free and is better
and suggest putting the system and the mail store a two different partitions so that if the mail fill the drive up it does not cause the system to crash..

http://www.bombich.com/software/netrestore.html
Previous Topic: Download Link For Windows or Mac Admin Console 6.4.X ???
Next Topic: Web calendar, Entourage not syncing with iCal 3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:51:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.