Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Batch import contacts
  •  
kantar

Send a private message to this user
Hello all,

is it possible to batch import contacts from, say, SQL database? I can get these contacts to any format (csv, formatted text, xls, ldif, whatever) but I wonder how to import them into KMS store to be visible for example in the Public Contacts folder. I know I can do this with Outlook but it won't help since I have to do import procedure periodically without user assistance. Thank you.
  •  
Trent Greenawalt

I am very interested in this question as well. I have multiple systems that I would like to sync contacts in.

Thanks,
Trent

-I built a house out of my to-do list, I now have the biggest house in the country. Awesome!
Trent Greenawalt
  •  
kantar

I'll answer myself. I have written a simple bash script that retrieves contacts from our DB, formats them into vCard format, copies them into right folder on KMS server and renames target index.fld to index.bad so that KMS is forced to recreate it. Along with calling this script via cron periodically to mirror DB state solves this issue. Hope this scenario helps.
  •  
pcunix

One of my customers says that he can do this with Outlook 2007:

I'll repeat what he said:

RE: Getting POP contacts onto server when changed to IMAP account.

1. Export contacts from Personal Folders (MSOutlook) as CSV (DOS)

Outook menu:
File->Import and Export
Then a wizard of dialog boxes comes up.
When you get to the type of file to export
to, choose CSV(DOS). Then save it on
your desktop or My Documents.

2. Import file into the users contacts folder under Message folders on server.

Do the same wizard for import and
choose the Contacts directory from the Kerio
Connector folders.

I have no idea what (if any) Outlook versions this would work with.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
Previous Topic: Out of Office Reply - ALL emails
Next Topic: Send messages from more than one address
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:49:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00359 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.