Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Exclude this computer from NAT?
  •  
Moorti

Send a private message to this user
Does Kerio Winroute 5 have the option 'Exclude this computer from NAT' or something similar to the one available in Winroute 4?

I prefer not having to worry about NAT and mapping ports for my own PC
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Moorti wrote on Sat, 20 March 2004 06:37

Does Kerio Winroute 5 have the option 'Exclude this computer from NAT' or something similar to the one available in Winroute 4?

I prefer not having to worry about NAT and mapping ports for my own PC

Simply do not use any translation in the Traffic Policy rules related to the network traffic outgoing from the firewall (Source is Firewall).

If you want to have the firewall fully opened to the Internet, create a Traffic policy rule with Source: Internet, Destination: Firewall, Service: Any, Action: Permit.

WE HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND TO DO THAT! In this case your firewall computer will not be protected from threats from the Internet at all!

I guess you're using KWF to protect only a single computer. In this case you should use a personal firewall (like KPF), not a corporate firewall.
  •  
Moorti

Thanks... my situation is that I use this computer to share the internet but I don't want to have to worry about mapping ports for my own PC (just the shared PCs on the LAN).

I know it doesn't protect my own PC from anything, but thats how I've been doing it for ages.
  •  
Mula

Twisted Evil Is very easy to exclude something from NAT. Twisted Evil

This way: Embarassed Definitions --> Adress Groups

HERE now crearte the host or the range of ips or what ever u wnat to define.

Shocked THEN
Shocked GO TO the NAT rule in traffic policy and re-define the NAT rule including o excluding what ever u want.

Very Happy hope help U

Twisted Evil MULA Twisted Evil
Previous Topic: KWF support for 2 external interfaces?
Next Topic: download resuming does not work with firewall
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 15:47:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00376 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.