Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » how to forward to parent proxy?
  •  
wiper

Send a private message to this user
Im trying to setup kerioWF to forward all traffic from internal adresses over tcp80 to a parent proxy at internet.

This proxy accept everything without autentication over tcp8000 and forward that to the correct address.

i have created a rule to forward everything from "inside to internet over tcp80" to this proxy address and using "NAT destination translating" in same rule to convert to tcp8000

But since i wrote all this in here, i obviously cant make it work Mad

can n e 1 help me to get this to work?

thx in advance
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
wiper wrote on Sat, 20 March 2004 12:15

Im trying to setup kerioWF to forward all traffic from internal adresses over tcp80 to a parent proxy at internet.

This proxy accept everything without autentication over tcp8000 and forward that to the correct address.

i have created a rule to forward everything from "inside to internet over tcp80" to this proxy address and using "NAT destination translating" in same rule to convert to tcp8000

But since i wrote all this in here, i obviously cant make it work Mad

can n e 1 help me to get this to work?

thx in advance

Sure, this can't work ever. The client browser doesn't send absolute URL in HTTP request which is needed by the proxy servers. It sends only relative path.

The better way is to set parent proxy in KWF to your proxy server, port 8000. Then all clients must use proxy server in KWF at port 3128. It will forward all requests (include FTP) to the proxy server on port 8000.

The second way is to set all clients to use parent proxy server directly but then you will not be able to filter user requests or scan downloaded files by an antivirus program.
It is possible only when the HTTP proxy server or HTTP transparent protocol inspector is used.
Previous Topic: Forwarding a port to multiple computers.
Next Topic: Port mapping - how to ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:07:38 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00340 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.