Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » NOD32 v3 with KMS v6.5
  •  
pwhodges

Send a private message to this user
I am building a new server to replace my current one. They both have KMS v6.5. The old server is running NOD32 antivirus v2.7, and this works fine with KMS. However, the new one has NOD32 v3.0, and KMS says that NOD32 is "not running"; when trying to start it, KMS gives the error "NOD32 failed to start: unable to initialize plugin, error: Error loading scanner DLL (126)".

Is there some way to correct this, or are these products simply incompatible?

Paul
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

NOD32 3.0 is intended for desktops and not for servers. It does not currently support communication with other applications like Kerio MailServer. NOD32 2.7 is still supported by Eset as a server AV solution.
  •  
rinzwind

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3 is also intended for servers. It is just the next version. But 2.7 is still supported and receives virus updates.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 March 2008 13:01]

•  
pwhodges

In view of the first reply (which I have some reason to believe, at least in the context of KMS), I uninstalled NOD32 v3 and installed NOD32 v2.7 as I have on the old server (with reboots after each action). However, KMS will still not use it, giving the same error as before. Is there some other setup required, or has v3 left something around that needs clearing away?

Paul
  •  
winkelman

I don't think you can just use the 'regular' desktop NOD32. I think you have to use a special version for KMS/servers. This at least is the case with the other AV vendors.

I could be wrong though...
  •  
pwhodges

I have the appropriate licence for NOD32 with KMS (there is no different download, though there was with v1). I have (now) installed the same software and licence on the new server as is working perfectly on the old one.

However, my (possibly inappropriate) installation of NOD32 v3 before I uninstalled it and put in v2.7 may possibly have left something behind that stops KMS picking it up right - I still get the same error as reported at the start of this thread. That's what I need to find and sort out...

Paul
  •  
rinzwind

Uninstall NOD32
Run http://www.nod32.nl/download/tool/nod32removal.exe
Restart, just to be sure
Reinstall

However, I think the removal tool is for version 2.7...

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2008 16:09]

•  
cachedmode

have you had any success Paul? I have the same issue with NOD32 integration.
Previous Topic: Acces to webmail
Next Topic: Public Folders + KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:45:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.