Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem KOFF - public folder - public contacts
  •  
Serafin

Send a private message to this user
Hey Guys,

I do have a problem only with one User.
He is not able to access the public folders (contacts, calender).
Error message (sorry only in Germany):

"Diese Ordnergruppe kann nicht geöffnet werden.
"Der Inforamtionsspeicher steht zurzeit nicht zur Verfügung"

I have deleted the mailprofile several times, deleted KOFF, reinstalled and reconfigured everything - with no success.

Any Ideas?

Rgds, Serafin

•  
germanr

I have similar problem. Cannot access public folders and shared folders with KOFF. Happened in 2 computers. Still cannot get the reason of the cause. In the same PC if I use KOC (online outlook connector) or webmail it works fine.
I submitted a ticket yesterday.

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Serafin

thats what i did - removed KOFF and installed KOC.
  •  
pantera10

Hi all,

I have installed KOFF on 5 PCs (4 XP + 1 Vista with Outlook 2007 SP1for all) with no problems expect on 1 PC (laptop Latitude DELL D630 with XP Pro). I have the same problem of public folders. My error message is the same exept that is in french:

"Impossible d'ouvrir l'ensemble des dossiers. Impossible d'ouvrir la banque d'informations".
"Impossible d'afficher la liste d'adresses. Impossible d'ouvrir le dossier Contacts associés à ce carnet d'adresses; il apeut être été déplacé ou supprimé, ou vous ne bénéficez pas des autorisations nécessaires. Référez-vous à l'aide de Microsoft Outlook pour le supprimer."

I cannot test KOC because this user needs these mails offline, but when i log into webmail with this account, public folders works great.

Maybe a clue: after the installation of KOFF, it normally synchronized but after a reboot of the OS, it have synchronized one other time???

Regards
Aurélien.

Kerio Connect 7.0.1 on Open Suse 11.1 64 bits
Outlook 2007 with KOFF. 100 users
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

As described in the KOFF deployment guide, contact our technical support, send us the error and debug logs from the server and debug log from KOFF as well.
  •  
germanr

To all of you guys that haven't opened a ticket and asked for Kerio's tech support, there is a issue with Microsoft's security update KB946983 for Outlook 2007 that causes problem with KOFF. If you uninstall that security update , KOFF works perfectly. I've tried it in 2 computers with XP and vista that had that problem and it was solved.

regards
German

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
revmark

Same here. But when I uninstall KOFF and install KOC, I get a bunch of my emails with no (meaning blank) From and "None" in the Received.

•  
sveloso

germanr wrote on Sat, 22 March 2008 14:03

To all of you guys that haven't opened a ticket and asked for Kerio's tech support, there is a issue with Microsoft's security update KB946983 for Outlook 2007 that causes problem with KOFF. If you uninstall that security update , KOFF works perfectly. I've tried it in 2 computers with XP and vista that had that problem and it was solved.

Yep - same here - uninstalled KB946983 - and now ist works!
Thanks for the hint!
  •  
pantera10

Hi all,

Thanks to germanr, I've resolved the problems too:
Just uninstall the Outlook update Security KB946983, restart the PC, launch Outlook and try if all works fine. And finally you can reinstall the security update from MS.

Thanks again.

•  
mdawson

I've uninstalled it and it works fine now. But all my computers have automatic updates. Does anyone know of a way to shut off a particular update on a computer with automatic updates? Also, this patch corrected a vulnerability in Outlook. Without this patch, are we now vulnerable to a specific kind of attack?
  •  
pantera10

Hi mdawson,

If you have a WSUS Server (Windows Software Update Services) and your network, you can easily block/accept any Windows update.
Without WSUS, you must check all on all of your PC to allow or not any update directly via the update.microsoft.com (I'm not sur if it is possible to do that for Criticals updates!).

According to Microsoft, the KB946983 update describes:"A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when you click on a maliciously modified hyperlink. This update resolves that vulnerability.". So YES, if you don't install this update, you are vulnerable...

But let us come back to the KOFF problem: I had the same problem as you and I resolved it by removing the MS update, try KOFF and reinstall the update!!
Thus, this update is no longer a problem.

•  
mdawson

Timeline of my activity on 1 computer and results:

1. Public folders in Koff not working.
2. Uninstall KB946983 - Koff working.
3. KB946983 installed automatically - Koff not working.
4. Uninstall KB946983 again - Public folders in Koff working.

As you can see from my experience, reinstallation of the update does not work in all circumstances.
  •  
pantera10

I had Koff problems on 2 PC (XP Pro and Vista), on each I solved the problem with your 3 first steps except step 3 where I reinstall the KB directly via the windowsupdate website (not automatically).

[Updated on: Wed, 26 March 2008 16:48]

•  
WolterN

Hi All,

Experiencing the same problem here, but on different windows and outlook versions.

WS1
W2K Prof 5.00.2195 SP4
MS Outlook 2002 (10.6838.6839) SP3

WS2
WXP Prof. 2002 SP3
MS Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3

Also caused by a MS sp?

Best regards,

Wolter
Previous Topic: Error 80072f17 after Update
Next Topic: Why Outlook signature is not stored on a server?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:54:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00509 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.