Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Web calendar, Entourage not syncing with iCal 3
  •  
rphelps

Send a private message to this user
We're having a problem with the web calendar and Entourage not syncing with iCal. We've got two workstations running Mac OS 10.5.2 with iCal 3 connecting to KMS 6.5 via CalDAV. An event created on one workstation's iCal 3 will sync flawlessly with the other workstation's iCal 3. The problem is that there are several other workstations running Mac OS 10.4.11 that view our calendars either via web calendar or via Entourage, and they won't reliably show new events, even after these events have synced from one iCal 3 workstation to the other. The proper .eml files are being created (iCal 3 syncs events fine), and permissions appear okay. The calendars are all hosted by one user, and delegated to the other users. Accessing the calendars as the other users works fine, it's just that events aren't syncing. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
-rp
  •  
bzeb

i'm actually having close to the same problem.

i can make a new event in iCal... it will show up in the web calendar fine ("up"-syncing is working). just never goes back *out* to other iCal users.

i can make a new event in web calendar... it will never go out to anyone.

all web users can all see the events.

*some* of my calendars work fine ... some don't.

i have ALL my calendars in the public folder. however i tried just making a generic calendar "user" that everyone logged in as to see that "users" private calendars and the same issues occurred.

the kerio caldav system is so completely unreliable at this point in time that it is a complete joke that they even advertise it as a legitimate feature.

i submitted a support ticket on February 21 (over a month ago)... and after a few back and forths with the last involving me sending some debug logs... i haven't heard anything in two weeks. if enough people send in support requests they might actually be able to fix it.

in the meantime Zimbra is looking like a better and better solution. while i wait for kerio support i'll be setting up a test install of that.
  •  
rphelps

That's weird – iCal 3 (Mac OS 10.5) is working fine as a client for us. Our issue seems to surround repeating events; single-instance events usually sync across iCal / web cal / Entourage just fine.

And yes, as much as I'm a fan of Kerio, their support isn't terribly responsive, though I'm sure there's a good reason for it.
Previous Topic: migrating to new server - OSX
Next Topic: roadsync and pop3 clients
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 08:58:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.