Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to redirect to folders? (IIS Folder Redirection)
  •  
csadmin

Send a private message to this user
In Microsoft ISA server you are able to set the listener to listen for patterns on a port and then redirect the traffic to IIS folders.

For example, if a browser url is a.mycompany.com then they should be redirected to the website at c:\intepub\website-a. Or if the url is b.mycompany.com then they should be directed to c:\intepub\website-b

Also there can be redirection to a port. For example if the url is c.mycompany.com then they should be directed to port 9999.

How do I achieve the above in Kerio? It must be simple, but I just can't seem to be able to find how to do it.

Can anyone advise?
Rolling Eyes
  •  
winkelman

You can create a URL rule (in Content Filtering, HTTP Policy) that denies access to URL using wildcards (based on your example '*a.mycompany.com*'). When denying an URL, by default a Kerio 'Access Denied' page is shown, however, you can redirect the user to any other URL (in the Advanced tab of the URL rule). That URL could also redirect to another port. But you can only specify a full URL there. You cannot do something like 'the original user's URL, but then on port 8080'.
  •  
geabaldyvx

It all depends on how you wish to achieve this... The answer previously given should work if your calling from the inside world (Local Network controlled by Skynet.. er Kerio) but will not function for those on the outside wanting to connect to a.mycompany.com or b.mycompany.com... for that setup you will have to put a man in the middle... Ex: Apache and have it reverse proxy for you... I currently use this setup so that to the outside world they see only one server but on the inside I am running multiple machines where all traffic can be funneled and routed nice and clean via Kerio... it is not an elegant setup by any means as it requires different port mappings for services like FTP.. and having Kerio put Reverse Proxy services into it's products would make it a one stop shop IMO.. frankly it is the only thing that holds me back from selling and recommending it for clients that want to host multiple web-servers behind a solid firewall..
Previous Topic: How to share internet for my Local Network?
Next Topic: Why HTTP only work at client?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:50:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.