Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public Tasks and the Mac (How do I get tasks in a public tasks folder onto my Mac?)
  •  
ag4apple

Send a private message to this user
I've really tried to figure this out on my own, but I give up.

I'm leading an evaluation of KMS 6.5 for my company. We have about 40% Macs (including mine), and I'm trying to test out how a public tasks folder would work for us.

I created a public tasks folder using the webmail interface. I put a couple of test tasks in there. I can see those tasks just fine in Outlook 2003 (I have Parallels), and I can see the folder in Entourage 2008, but no tasks. I also have the CalDAV feature up and running in iCal, but I'm not seeing the task folder in the Public Folders area (public calendar folders show up).

So, what gives? There has to be a way to get these tasks in a public task folder to show up for our Mac users. I know that Kerio states up front that Entourage can't synchronize Tasks, but isn't there some other way to do it? Please don't tell me that the webmail interface is the only way to see these tasks . . .

Any help would be much appreciated.
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

Tasks are synchronized into iCal as To Do items, assuming you are connected through CalDAV.
Make sure you have enabled access to Public Folders from the Delegation tab in the CalDAV account settings.

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
ag4apple

Yes, I do have access to the public folders from the delegation tab in the CalDAV account settings. I can see public calendars, but not the public task lists.

I also conducted a test of creating a new task list in the root level of my account directory (so, not a public folder at all). I created it in the web mail interface, and put one test task into it.

This is also not showing up in Entourage or iCal. At this point, I can put a task in my default "Tasks" folder in my account, and that is the only way the task will appear in iCal.

I guess there is no hope for Entourage, but I was hoping there would be some way to do this for Mac users, besides just their own personal task list.
  •  
MarioG

Hi Brian,

a customer is complaining the same problem in Italy and he told me all his settings are good.

Could you verify, please?

Thanks and regards.

Mario
Previous Topic: School Usage
Next Topic: Delivery to local folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:30:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.