Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ClamAV on a Linux Install
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
Today at work I have been trying to finish up all the other settings in regards to our move to KMS. I am trying to us ClamAV with the latest 6.5 release on Fedora 8. I have followed the walkthrough to get clamav working with kms here in the knowledge base.

My problem is that while everything went according to the walkthrough, clamav does not seem to start when the server boots up. After a reboot, I check in KMS Administration Util. and it says ClamAV not running, when I manually start the clamd service, then re-enable it in KMS everything works beautifully.

Does anyone have any advice or point out where in the walkthrough clamd is specified to start at startup? Thank you very much.
  •  
kantar

AFAIK clamd must be started BEFORE kms, otherwise kms does not recognize clamd running
  •  
migsutu

How should I make sure clamav starts before kerio? I am looking at the service configuration in fedora. Should I use this gui to change the order? If so how? Would it be better to go into /etc/rc.d and edit the startup there? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

UPDATE:

I have poking around rc.d. I looked at rc5 and I see that clamd is at S75 and keriomailserver is at S79. That should be ok. I believe though my problem may be coming from the fact the keriomailserver is included in rc3 and rc4 as well while clamd is not?

Does keriomailserver need to be run all all run levels? If yes, do I just need to make sure clamd starts before it on each run level?

Thanks again.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 March 2008 15:53]

•  
migsutu

I have continued to experiment and poke around, but still have not been able to get kms and clamav to work properly on startup. I told kerio to start in rc4 and rc5 in the gui, while having clamav start in rc3, rc4, and rc5. When I am able to get to the terminal, both kms and clamav services are running, but kms says clamav didn't load properly. If I disable antivirus in kms, apply, then renable clamav in kerio, it works properly.

I have been researching on google and have found some information that says the .91 version has some different config files, but it also retained the old versions. I don't know if this means it needs to be configured differently now or what. All the settings with the startup sequence could have done nothing, as I am not sure what I did actually did anything.
  •  
bfrawley

I am having a similar problem only i didn't get a service for clam. I followed the instructions and I don't have a service and when i try to "/sbin/service clamd start" i get and error saying that "clamd: unrecognized service"

Any Ideas?
  •  
jaikudo

I had the problem on Fedora where the Clam service would start manually and not automatically. It was related to SELinux.

Switch SELinux from enforcing mode to the mode where it just logs things it doesn't like. Then use the log to work out what you have to allow and switch back to enforcing, or just leave it as logging.
  •  
bfrawley

Thanks but the problem isn't that the service won't start. The service was never created. How can create/recreate the service?
  •  
bfrawley

OK. After uninstalling and going through the whole ClamAV install process again I can not start the service by using /service clamd start. But i am in the same boat as the original poster. If i reboot I have to manually start it and then disable and re-enable AV scanning in Kerio. I am checking into the SELinux stuff now.

Any other details or help would be great.
Previous Topic: Backup Server Licence
Next Topic: Disaster recovery revisted?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:43:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00464 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.