Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail Server Deadline Approaching (Testing is a problem)
  •  
ptireland

Send a private message to this user
I'm taking down 2 old an crappy email servers and replacing them with 1 Kerio server. I'm pretty sure I have everything setup right, but I want to test it. It will be deployed this weekend, and there will be no technical support available on the weekend.

I've hired a team of guys to help me with the deployment, I've sent out the company-wide email to prepare the users, etc.

Now the fun part....

I've been unable to successfully test the server from outside to see if our remote users can actually check their email. I still have our router sending port 25 and port 110 to the old pop servers, but I have the Kerio server listening to port 26 for smtp as well. This means that technically, even though the old server is still up, I should be able to connect to the Kerio server on ports 443, and 26 (Both of which are forwarded on our router to the mail server).

Unfortunately, I am unable to connect, and it seems like I'm unable to authenticate.

This Friday evening I'll be changing our MX record on one domain to point to the Kerio server and changing the router to point ports 110 and 25 to it too.

I was hoping I could test this out before I do the changeover.

When everything is said and done, it should work like this.

• Both MX Records pointing to the same IP.

• Port 25 is routed to the Spam Firewall which sends cleaned messages to port 25 on the Kerio Server.

• Kerio is also programmed to listen to port 26 for SMTP packets

• All ports other than 25 (443, 110, 26, 143, 80, etc.) are routed directly to the Kerio server.

Is there a way I can test this before I switch over the MX records and without changing ports 25 or 110?

Is there a reason I'm unable to see my server at all or authenticate to it? Do I need to allow an active directory port to pass through? Is that it?

I need someone from Kerio to be available on the weekend so I can ask questions, get some tech support, and some hand holding until I know everything will be alright. I wish they had 24/7 support.
Previous Topic: Connection attempt to service HTTP
Next Topic: reset ical permissions?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 21:22:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00415 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.