Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No HTML E-Mail
  •  
willowsv

Send a private message to this user
Is there anyway of getting kerio to display html e-mails under KOFF.

External E-mails coming in as html display fine in the preview pane until you open them.

Any e-mails sent internally to other users using KOFF results in them being displayed in Plain Text ( preview pane ) koc is unaffected.

If I send an e-mail as html to myself and view it in web mail its fine UNTIL I open it in outlook where it gets converted and remains in that format.
  •  
willowsv

Problem is with AVG / Koff Plugin Integration.

Solution is to disable the "Notify" option although im sure this is going to be a fun one for a few people.
  •  
jdelisabeth

Hello, i have the same problem.

Where is the " Notify" option ?

Thanks.
  •  
willowsv

Load AVG control center

click the E-Mail Scanner option > properties > plugins > configure

and untick the "certify mail" boxes.

This should help Smile
  •  
jdelisabeth

Thanks for the reactivity Very Happy
  •  
willowsv

Cool Smile

I submitted it as a bug report to Kerio but im not sure whether the fault is something they can deal with or not im pretty sure it doesn't happen on Exchange!

I've sent them some source and .eml files its actually converting the -email to plain text and not just screwing things up by tacking to the bottom so its defiantly something iffy going on.
  •  
scottwilkins

willowsv wrote on Thu, 03 April 2008 16:27

Cool Smile

I submitted it as a bug report to Kerio but im not sure whether the fault is something they can deal with or not im pretty sure it doesn't happen on Exchange!

I've sent them some source and .eml files its actually converting the -email to plain text and not just screwing things up by tacking to the bottom so its defiantly something iffy going on.

Kerio's stand on antivirus for e-mail on the client side has usually been, "turn it off" The server is quite good at scanning, so desktop scanning is not really needed anyway. This saves your workstations from the task and slowness from this chore. If you'd prefer to double scan e-mails, you can setup Kerio to scan from 2 different anti-viruses on the server side. Many folks setup Clam AV (which is free) on the Kerio side in addition to their built in McAfee stuff.

AVG's e-mail stuff has usually been flaky anyway no matter what service is used, so I usually turn off at least the "certify" stuff when I install AVG (which I do a LOT of, it's a great AV otherwise)

•  
sedell

scottwilkins wrote on Wed, 09 April 2008 10:30

The server is quite good at scanning, so desktop scanning is not really needed anyway.

I would argue that. It all depends on what AV scanner you are using, and how often it gets updated. In the case of McAfee, I won't touch it any more. I've seen way too much get past it. Adding a second scanner is better, but still not foolproof, especially if it relies on definitions. Your whole AV strategy relies on getting the virus definition before getting the virus. Since definitions are a response to a virus, you have a window where it can get past the scanners.

So now you have potential for a virus to get past the server AV scanning, what protects you now if/when it makes it to the client? Or, someone doesn't want to check their personal mail through webmail, or you need to check mail on a server other than your own, so you have multiple accounts set up in Outlook. You've now got a path into your network that completely bypasses the server AV scanning entirely.

Scott
Previous Topic: Global Email password change
Next Topic: KOFF vs POP3 vs 2 Computers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:27:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.