Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS 6.5 Build5116 KOFF, KOC and other Troubles
  •  
walter.harris

Send a private message to this user
Hello Kerio Forum,

we have some troubles with our KMS installation, and we are in the middle of migration from our old solution. Till update 6.5 all went almost fine.
Problems

1. KOFF Public Folders
  2. KOFF Synchronisation Error
  3. Bad message UID Index
  4. Unexpected error 26
  5. sometimes folders in KOC got corrupted

Problem 1)
When a User deletes a Message in a public Folder with KOFF, it doesnt disapear immediately. Only when he changes the Folder and then goes back.

Problem 2)
We have at the moment 2 user with serious KOFF problems. The users sometimes get a message at outlook startup that a Problem with the synchronisation happens. The server creates a folder eg for Contacts => contacts_0 on the server and moves all Contacts to contacts_0 and when the User creates a new Contact the contact goes to the Contact folder. This happens to other folders as well eg. "Sent Items", "Contacts" and so on. But in KOFF only Contacts are displayed. It seems that both folders the Contacts and contacts_0 Folder are used by the indexfile. See attachment debug.log. How can we solve this?

Problem 3)
In our serverlogs we have tons of error messages like these
[27/Mar/2008 17:42:11] php_utils.cpp: webmail getMessageContent: Bad message uid (folder: ~<user><_a.t_><domain.tld>/INBOX; uid: 2acd)
[27/Mar/2008 12:27:43] php_utils.cpp: webmail getMessageContent: Bad message uid (folder: ~<user><_a.t_><domain.tld>/Deleted Items; uid: 8d4)

We tried to reindex the folders. 1. stop Kerio 2. rename the bad index folder from index.fld to index.bad 3. start Kerio.
But it doesnt last long... How serious is this problem?

Problem 4)
In our serverlogs we have some error messages like this one
[14/Jan/2008 15:27:14] mail_folder.cpp: Index error in folder ~<user><_a.t_><domain.tld>/Outbox: Unexpected error 26
[14/Jan/2008 15:27:14] mail_folder.cpp: Index error in folder ~<user><_a.t_><domain.tld>/Outbox: Cannot open database

How serious is this problem? And how to solve?

Problem 5)
[img]http://dropbox.styria-multi-media.com/kerio/kerio.jpg[/img]
Sometimes folder got corrupted and we have to delete the property.fld file in the damaged folder to fix it.
But why is this happening? Have we done something wrong?

Keriosetup

• Multidomain
  • 500 User Licenses
  • 205 active mailboxes

Mailserverload
Incoming Trafic [img]http://dropbox.styria-multi-media.com/kerio/in.png[/img]
Outgoing SMTP [img]http://dropbox.styria-multi-media.com/kerio/outsmtp.png[/img]
HTTP [img]http://dropbox.styria-multi-media.com/kerio/http.png[/img]
SMTP [img]http://dropbox.styria-multi-media.com/kerio/smtp.png[/img]

Hardwaresetup

• IBM Blade HS20
  • 2 x Intel Xeon 3,2 Ghz
  • 3 GB Ram
  • 2 x Local SCSI 74GB Raid1
  • 1 x 400GB Fibrechannel SAN LUN

Serversoftwaresetup

• Suse Linux Enterprise 10 SP1
  • kerio-kms-6.5.0-5116.linux

Clientsoftwaresetup nearly for every client

• Windows XP SP2
  • MS Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3
  • Kerio KOC (kerio-koc-6.5.0-5116-win32.exe) or Kerio KOFF (kerio-koff-6.5.0-5116-win32.exe)

thx for your help!

best regards
Walter Harris

• Attachment: debug.zip
    (Size: 56.54KB, Downloaded 450 times)
  •  
ptireland

I can't wait for someone to answer this. I'm doing our migration to Kerio today. I want to make sure I'm not stepping into a minefield.

We are doing ours on a different platform though. I'm hoping for our sake the problems you're describing are limited to Linux/Unix.

•  
steven

hi,

your second problem is one that i also have problems with, i have reported this to kerio on march 10th and they have been able to reproduce the problem.

they recognize this as a bug it is filed as bug 27537. currently they are looking into this so i hope that it will get fixed soon and get included into a next patch of the server and i also hope i don't have to wait to long for this patch as this is causing some serious issues for me Confused
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

1. KOFF Public Folders
Issue with public folder view refresh will be fixed in next release.

2. KOFF Synchronisation Error
Please contact our technical support at support.kerio.com. We will ask for debug and error log from the server. Outlook is trying to create new contact folder even if there is already one on the server.

3. Bad message UID Index
This happens when some messages were deleted in another client and user is using webmail with non-refreshed mail list view. The error is not serious.

4. Unexpected error 26
Look like corrupted search.fld file. Remove the file - it will be re-created automatically.

5. sometimes folders in KOC got corrupted
Try to disable all other Outlook add-ins and other mail accounts in the Outlook profile. Are there any reliable steps how to reproduce that?
Previous Topic: Script to setup email profile
Next Topic: Can't create profile with KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:49:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.