Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » dhcp:how to restrict unknown users?
  •  
aiwex

Send a private message to this user
I have 10 computers in my lan. I want to make a rule, that only these computers could use internet. I have reserved an ip addresses for them according to physical address(mac), so they all have static ip's now, but how could i restrict the internet for computers, using unknown mac (for computers, that has mac address, which are not in my reservation list)? For example: if one of these 10 users would like to use a laptop with unknown mac, he would not be able to use internet in that laptop.

Thank you for your ideas
  •  
daleel

add all ur usrs in the group like(A) and these group add them to the rule in traffic policy

Iraqi e-mail daleelbassam<_a.t_>yahoo.com
  •  
aiwex

what rule should i use? i think it should be like this:

name: restrictions
source: my group of users from lan "LAN USERS"
destination: any
service: any
action: permit

the names could be different, but i hope you have understood the idea. is this rule correct ?

if it is correct, then how should i write a rule, that would deny access the internet for unknown users? since now i had no users in my KWF defined, but everybody could use internet, despite of "Default rule", which is like this:

source : any
destination: any
service: any
action: drop

so how should i drop all traffic, which is not from "LAN USERS" ?

thank you
  •  
daleel

rule is

name: NAT
source: ur group (add in this group ur users)
Distination: Internet
Service:Any
and in the user form \authentication option\web Authentication indicat the tow chekbox to use username and Password when users login
and if u dont want ur users uses username and password add IP's in authentication login (find it in user edit)

Iraqi e-mail daleelbassam<_a.t_>yahoo.com
  •  
aiwex

and action - permit Smile
i use the dhcp server to assign mac to ip, and users are assigned to ip's, so i don't need a web-login. but the idea is clear, and now my router works just as i wanted Smile

THANK YOU, daleel !!
Previous Topic: Problem IP Address and GateWay SAME!
Next Topic: ftp access
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 12:01:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00439 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.