Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to publish global address lists stored in OpenLDAP to Kerio contacts (Address book)
  •  
jackyyjwu

Send a private message to this user
Dear Friend,

Sorry that it is hard to express the questions clearly, but I will try my best. Please feel free to ask me if you do not get my point. Thanks.

As we know that Kerio can store users in external openldap. Then comes a question:

1, how to set up the openldap entries so that the user will be published automatically in kerio public folder contacts

Another question, when there are external users in openldap global address lists, can we publish the global address lists in openldap to kerio public folder contacts?

"External users" means they are not users inside Kerio, or kerio cannot detect them in openldap.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jacky

Razz
  •  
sedell

The LDAP database basically is the public contacts folder. Add a user to the public contact folder and it should be available via LDAP.

As far as I know, the Kerio LDAP server is read only. I don't believe you can save or store contacts via LDAP to then have available in the public contacts folder.

Scott
  •  
scottwilkins

I attempted to do similar address linking between LDAP and our e-mail server for a long time, and had about given up. Then Kerio released their Active Directory plug in, and that changed everything. If you use Active Directory, then I'd recommend that as a solution. AD provides full LDAP abilities, and the plug in allows all AD entries to be linked in Kerio account creation.
  •  
jackyyjwu

Dear scottwilkins,

scottwilkins wrote on Tue, 01 April 2008 14:48

I attempted to do similar address linking between LDAP and our e-mail server for a long time, and had about given up. Then Kerio released their Active Directory plug in, and that changed everything. If you use Active Directory, then I'd recommend that as a solution. AD provides full LDAP abilities, and the plug in allows all AD entries to be linked in Kerio account creation.

Thanks your information about AD.

You can find in Kerio knowledge base about how to link openldap to kerio account creation.

Currently, we have several kerio servers, and each kerio gets only part of users in the openldap. For example, I have user1, user2, and user3 in openldap, and I have 3 kerio servers, kerio1, kerio2 and kerio3. Kero1 can only create account for user1 from openldap. Kerio2 is for user2 only, and kerio3 is for user3 only. Then the question is: how to show user1, user2, and user3 in all 3 kerio servers' public folder contacts?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Jacky
  •  
jackyyjwu

Dear Scott,

sedell wrote on Tue, 01 April 2008 13:39

The LDAP database basically is the public contacts folder. Add a user to the public contact folder and it should be available via LDAP.

As far as I know, the Kerio LDAP server is read only. I don't believe you can save or store contacts via LDAP to then have available in the public contacts folder.

Thanks your reply about kerio internal ldap.

I want to know how to get global address book from external openldap server.

Best regards,
Jacky
  •  
mckingsley

I was wondering about this also. Mostly on the Mac side of things, but wondering how it all works. For example we know that if users are created in the local Kerio Database then they are "browsable" in the Public Folders area. But if you use the Open Directory connector, it will allow a user already created in the Open Directory LDAP to be a mail user, but the account info stays in Open Directory. Therefore there is no great way to browse all the users. You can create an LDAP connection in Entourage or Address book, but it only allows for searching, not browsing. Probably just limitations of the apps connecting to Open Directory, but none the less it makes me want to create all users a second time in the Kerio local databse so that contact searching and browsing works better.
Previous Topic: Virtualizing the KMS
Next Topic: Kerio Mail Queue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 20:49:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00440 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.