Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Off Line Cache query
  •  
shaggie16

Send a private message to this user
I have recently moved over to 6.5 using KOFF, thought I would test it on our own systems before I role it out to any of our customers.
It seems to work well, but I have a question. When I launch Outlook on my home PC evey morning (connects to work KMS), the sent items seem to do a full sync. I have set the inbox, and all subfolders, and the sent items to sync full messages rather than just headers, but surely, it does not have to re-sync all 5000 sent msgs every day?
The inbox for instance only syncs however many msgs I rcvd since I last launched outlook on my home PC, but the sent items goes through the whole lot.

Can anyone throw any light on this for me?

Thanks
  •  
scottwilkins

KOFF should not be re-requesting the entire load of data from the server on startup. It will "double check" each entry though, to ensure any changes made if/when off-line are returned to the server for storage. And that may take a little time and appear as if KOFF is really busy. This is not unlike Exchange in how it works, except Kerio is a little more informative on the actions it's taking so it's a little more obvious something is going on.
  •  
shaggie16

THanks for the reply. That is pretty much what I figured, but it is taking about 15 minutes to do it, which seems wasteful. Maybe I'm just being picky?
Previous Topic: .docx
Next Topic: Kerio Outlook problems
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:50:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.