Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can't view message headers with KOFF
  •  
sedell

Send a private message to this user
I've run into an issue with KOFF/Outlook 2003. On sent messages, the headers are unavailable. Older mail that was sent prior to moving to KOFF display headers, and received messages all display headers. It seems to be only mail that is sent with KOFF that don't have the headers available for some reason. They're actually there, they can be seen in the .eml file on the server, or via webmail, but Outlook shows nothing.

Is anyone else having the same issue? It's not a huge issue, but I seem to be stuck in the go round with support, and they can't reproduce the issue.

Scott
  •  
elias

I can confirm this issue. All emails sent after KOFF was installed don't show headers, but those sent previously with KOC do. I'll open a ticket too.

-Elias
  •  
sedell

Thank you thank you thank you

Scott
  •  
Nixs

Same problem here. And I also have a PST file with POP3 access in the same Outlook 2003 profile -- it affects that too..
  •  
sedell

Now if only we could get support to recognize it's a problem. They don't get it. There must be something about "Outlook 2003", "sent mail", "Sent Items Folder", and "Version 6.5.0 T5.340" that they don't understand.

It took the initial ticket, then an additional 6 replies before they finally got version information correct, and finally understood the problem. Once they understood the problem, it seemed they wanted nothing more than to get rid of me. I was basically told this is normal behavior to not be able to see the headers with KOFF because mail is stored in a database. You can still view the headers in webmail, if it's important to see the headers in Outlook you should use KOC. Then the ticket was closed. Their response doesn't address why headers are available on mail sent prior to KOFF, and why they are available in mail sent via webmail. Unless there's something about that they don't understand either.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Don't worry. We do understand it correctly. Internet headers should not be visible in sent e-mails (in the Sent Items folder). The headers are generated by message transport provider when sending the message therefore copy in Sent Items does not have these headers. This is how Exchange work.
You can see them in KOC because all messages are always downloaded from the server, there is no local database in KOC. And we convert the message to Outlook including these headers on download.
With KOFF, all sent emails don't have headers because Outlook does not create them for outgoing messages. You can see them only with messages that were downloaded from the server (ie. if you create new profile, all existing messages in the Sent Items folder will show the headers).

According to the Microsoft, the headers should not be there and displaying these headers in KOC (or KOFF) could be considered as a bug. You can check it with Exchange. It does the same.

We are not going to hide them but I'm afraid we can't force Outlook to create them when the email is stored to the folder by Outlook and not by KOFF (while syncing from server).
  •  
sedell

Thank you. That's the info I was looking for. Finally a response that makes sense, and explains the why behind the apparent inconsistencies. Now if only the support people responding to tickets could say that instead of going back and forth with wrong version information, suggesting uninstalling patches that don't even apply to your software, and finally coming up with half of that explanation that leaves more questions than it answers, so much time would be saved on both sides.

Scott
Previous Topic: Search in Webmail other than subject
Next Topic: NAMESPACE error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 13:47:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00473 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.