Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems syncing messages with KOFF (Problems syncing messages with KOFF)
  •  
chasbro

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
Have upgraded 5 of 240 users to KOFF version 6.5. Received numerous errors on one upgrade as follows:

An error occurred while synchronizing the '\\Huggins-04\public\QI-COMPLIANCE\QIRM\DOM\INFORMED CONSENT FOR EXERCISE STRESS TESTING.doc' message to the server. Kerio Outlook Connector wasn't able to send this message or synchronize it with the server.

Please contact your system administrator.

Details:

Error: 80040102.
Message: [SID = rmason<_a.t_>hugginshospital.org/c54180ee-fe02-4c1b-92c0-12f8e5861994,
ID={E5FFD3D3-7E0A-49CB-8B7F-AB846BFAFB81},
Folder: Journal ]

The message has been copied to the 'Local Failures' folder in your Outlook account.

We are using Outlook XP. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Thanks,
Charlie
  •  
lsigis

I am experiencing the same error. Have you figured out any solution to this yet?

Mike
  •  
chasbro

Sorry, I haven't been able to find a resolution as of yet. I've upgraded 9 of 240 email users to KOFF so far but only one continues to have this problem.
Charlie
  •  
shaggie16

Hmmm getting concerned now. Have upgraded 3 of my customers to KOFF (c 40 mailboxes each) and not seen this msg, but planning on upgrading one of my other customers (350 mailboxes) next week, so this problem you are describing is of concern.

Has anyone else come across it?
  •  
maxfontana

Hi. I've just migrated about 50 mailboxes (from imap to koff)and I also had to face this problem .
I noticed it's something related to diary's function on outlook.
What I did was just deleting every entry since my users don't even know about this function!
Hope this helps.
Best regards
Max
Italy

•  
scottwilkins

I believe there are some bug fixes on attachments in the soon to be released 6.5.1 version. Stay tuned...
  •  
gbrown100

Ello.

I may be way off but it looks to me like the attachment is not actualy in the message but is a pointer to a file on the servers filesystem. Kerio probably doesn't know how to access that network share.

just my thoughts.
  •  
scottwilkins

gbrown100 wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 22:39

Ello.

I may be way off but it looks to me like the attachment is not actualy in the message but is a pointer to a file on the servers filesystem. Kerio probably doesn't know how to access that network share.

just my thoughts.

This is a problem with Outlook's use, not Kerio. It's fixed by user training. I know because I had to be trained Wink

There are certain methods to creating attachments to messages in Outlook that can result in a link rather than the file actually being attached. Always use the "paper clip" method for attaching files, that way is the most fool proof method.

One mistake I also see a lot where I current work is folks outside the company sending document or spreadsheets that contain database linked information within the document. When that document is moved outside the LAN for the sending company all links to the internal database are lost. So basically you get a blank document attached. Kinda funny in a way. I had to train a few folks outside our company on how to print to a PDF file to send those types of documents.
Previous Topic: Importing Contacts INTO Kerio
Next Topic: Calendar - can't see appointments in standard view
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 18:03:38 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00449 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.