Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » help with Entourage 2008 IMAP account settings (understanding account settings and server options)
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,
I think I need some help understanding what settings and options I should be using for my Entourage users. I have attached some images of my own account settings for reference. Specifically I wondering if it's ok to be using the servers's IP address for receiving/sending mail and what, if any, advanced sending/receiving options should be checked (SSL, etc).
I am also not sure if any of the server options i have selected are correct or possibly slowing email down.
We are running KMS on a W2003 server with a domain and active directory.
Please let me know if I've left out any critical info. Thanks in advance for any help.
[img]index.php?t=getfile&id=1304&private=0[/img][img ]index.php?t=getfile&id=1303&private=0[/img]

•  
ptireland

I'm also having trouble. I believe I used the right settings, but Leopard is asking me to install a certificate which I have no clue about.
  •  
My IT Indy

First thing, use the FQDN of the server, don't use the IP address.

Second thing, why are you using IMAP when you could just set up an exchange account? Do you have the Home/Teacher version of Office?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
monkeymissile

we are not running Exchange on our Windows servers. I was under the impression you couldn't set up an Exchange account otherwise.
Is the FQDN the same as the Internet hostname that KMS uses?
  •  
My IT Indy

I hate to say this, but have you tried reading the manual for Entourage setup?

-
My IT Indy
  •  
monkeymissile

if you mean the Help+How-To Entourage page then yes and it clearly says that if you are running Exchange you can setup an Exchange account. Since we aren't I created IMAP accounts instead. What I don't see there or within the KMS manual is a detailed description of all the various account and server options settings.
If there is another manual that I have overlooked or if I am simply not seeing what you are, then please redirect me. That is why I posted here......
  •  
My IT Indy

You ARE running an Exchange capable server. Set it up like it says to.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
monkeymissile

yes, my W2003 servers are capable, but they're only running Standard Edition, not SBE. We don't own Exchange in any form, therefore how can I create an Exchange account with Entourage? I just tried it, using both the setup assistant and manually and it fails to connect. If I don't have a server running Exchange, what do I enter in the EXCHANGE SERVER dialogue box?
  •  
  •  
monkeymissile

for some reason I missed this chapter, thanks for pointing it out
Previous Topic: KOC --> KOFF
Next Topic: Microsoft Exchange --> Kerio on Open Directory Migration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:32:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00580 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.