Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Microsoft Exchange --> Kerio on Open Directory Migration (Does the exchange migration tool transfer mail and calendar to pre-existing Kerio Open Directory-based accounts?)
  •  
viae

Send a private message to this user
I'm migrating from an Exchange Server to Kerio on an Apple Xserve. I have Kerio integrated with Open Directory. I now need to plan the transition in more detail.

What I would like to do is migrate my users' mailboxes and calendars from their current Active Directory Exchange accounts to pre-existing Open Directory-based Kerio accounts. The difference here from the documentations migration is that I'm not creating new internal Kerio accounts, but transferring the inboxes/calendars to preexisting Kerio Open Directory-based inboxes/calendars.

Has anyone done this before? How would you do this in the most auto-magical way?

An alternative that would be acceptable would be to migrate to internal Kerio accounts, but then migrate the internal Kerio accounts to Open Directory-linked accounts. Is this possible?

Any advice appreciated!

Gil
  •  
viae

Send a private message to this user
So, I just got the email from support with documentation on how to use the migration tool. Looks like I have an easy answer...

Quoth the Raven...

"If you do not wish that passwords are generated for users of the migrated accounts, create user accounts in Kerio MailServer before the migration. This may be done either by their import or mapping to Kerio MailServer.

For user import or mapping from the Active Directory, users will use their original Active Directory passwords to connect to Kerio MailServer. User import from NT or Active Directory domain is described in manual Kerio MailServer, Administrator's guide.

If the user accounts already exist in Kerio MailServer, new mailboxes are not create nor new passwords are generated. In such a case, the migration tool only copies contents of MS Exchange user accounts to Kerio MailServer. Users login to their mailboxes by their original password."

That's pretty easy and how I hoped it would work...
Previous Topic: help with Entourage 2008 IMAP account settings
Next Topic: Virtualizing the KMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 11:49:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.