Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF vs POP3 vs 2 Computers
  •  
pdsgomes

Send a private message to this user
Good afternoon

I will try to explain my current problem, maybe a configuration conflict.

I have to computers with the KOFF to the same server account, one laptop and one PC, my initial idea was to have the same emails in the both places.

the only way i can use the KOFF is when im on the company network, but when im outside the network, i have to download the email via POP3 (because i dont have access to kerio from ouside the network), so, i have set it up a pop3 account to be abble to recieve my email when im at home.

then .. when i come to the office, the KOFF conects to the kerio, sync everything and then i got everything on my pc computer.

the problem i got now is, when i download the messages via pop3, i have configured them to go into the inbox ok the KOFF and when any message reach this folder appear to be readed already. it a little bit hard to me to explain, since im portuguese, jejeje

please give any answer

Pedro Gomes
  •  
pdsgomes

More information.

Im using Windows Vista / Office 2007 SP1, on my laptop with Kerio offile conector 6.5.1 patch 1.

The problem with the Inbox folder I have "fixed" but now when im outside the network y cannot sent emais via a smtp account that i have configured on my outlook.

My initial idea was to have the same email messages on the laptop (in the company or in the road), on a desktop pc (in the company) and use webmail (when im working on another computer and i have to see an important email.

Outside the company i dont have conection to Kerio MailServer, but i must be able to sent emails (for that i have configured another acount on my outlook) but the email stays on the "sending" folder and doesn't go out from there, only when i connect the laptop to the company network it sends.

Does anyone have tried to do this???

Best Regards

Pedro Gomes
  •  
Nixs

Your SMTP connection is likely blocked. Mine is here too. I setup a GMail (Google) account and my outgoing SMTP server, outside the company, is GMAIL's SMTP server. Several of us do this here.

•  
scottwilkins

I'm confused... Why don't you have access to your e-mail server outside the office? An e-mail server must be public facing in order to work. KOFF uses all normal e-mail server ports, so it should work just fine. Just make sure ports 25, 465, 143, 144, 80 and 443 are available and you should have no problems with KOFF outside your office.

Kerio's webmail is another good solution.

Another thought...
If you are having send problems, you might be having an issue like what I ran into with a local ISP provider. They blocked port 25 outgoing from all consumer level connections (except for that ISP's e-mail server of course.) This is to curb spam and virus, so I'm not totally against their actions. But to make SMTP work for my employees we had to open port 2525 on the firewall and make Kerio answer to that port too for SMTP. That ISP doesn't block 2525, so all outgoing e-mail works perfectly for those folks using that ISP now.
  •  
sedell

KOFF uses WebDAV, so just port 80 and/or 443 are needed. In theory, if you can connect to webmail successfully, KOFF should work.

Quote:

Outside the company i dont have conection to Kerio MailServer, but i must be able to sent emails (for that i have configured another acount on my outlook) but the email stays on the "sending" folder and doesn't go out from there, only when i connect the laptop to the company network it sends.

I'm a little bit lost as to why you had to set up another account in Outlook for when you are not in the office. You should be able to send mail from the laptop from inside or outside the network if it's set up right.

Anyhow, you've got another account set up. It's a standard POP3 account, so it will use SMTP to send mail. As scottwilkins said, it could be that your ISP is blocking port 25. I've run into that with several of our outside people. An alternate SMTP port could be set up, and should take care of that, or use KOFF, since it's not using SMTP. Can you log into webmail when you are at home?

Scott
  •  
mcicognani

Well, I believe we're missing a point here: I believe that the real problem our friend is trying to explain is that delivering POP3 mail to KOFF folders has a problem (that I'm experiencing too).
The messages delivered to KOFF folders do not appear as 'New mail' items, but as Drafts Items, you can tell that since you will not receive any 'new mail' alert and opening the messages shows the 'Send' button instead of 'Reply' buttons.

I haven't found a solution and I resolved to use Personal Folders as Default folder destination, so new mail from external account will deliver correctly.
Standard mail through KOFF will be delivered to Kerio forlders anyway, regardless KOFF folders were set as default destination or not.

•  
sedell

mcicognani wrote on Wed, 09 April 2008 12:14

Well, I believe we're missing a point here: I believe that the real problem our friend is trying to explain is that delivering POP3 mail to KOFF folders has a problem

Not really. Pedro said in his second post the inbox problem had been resolved, and now the issue is not being able to send mail from outside the office.

Scott
Previous Topic: No HTML E-Mail
Next Topic: Entourage '08 - has permission but can't edit in public folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 20:16:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.