Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple invitations issued when using iCal with caldav (Multiple invitations issued when using iCal with caldav)
  •  
lukec

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I'm new to Kerio server and I think I may have uncovered a bug.

Summary
When I am creating an event in iCal, invitations are sent before 'send' is pressed and invitations are sent for each adjustment to the time of the event. So, the invitees receive many invitations as you fine-tune the meeting time.

Steps to reproduce
-Make an new event in iCal
-add an invitee who is on the kerio mailsystem
-bring up the available meeting time window
-change the time a few times
-click done and then click sent
-whoever you were inviting will have an invitation corresponding with each adjustment you made BEFORE you sent the event.

Expected behavior
-one event would be sent and only after 'send' is pressed.
-making adjustments to meetings will not send multiple invitations

I'm running 10.5.2 on a 2.16 macbook pro.

Luke
  •  
ag4apple

Luke,

I've experienced the exact same issue from multiple Macs in our office. However, what I've seen makes me think this is an iCal issue, not a Kerio issue.

I could be wrong . . . there might be something about how Kerio implemented the CalDAV feature, but I don't think so.

I have found in general that there is some flakiness with the Leopard version of iCal. This is just one of the issues.
  •  
lukec

OK, so it could be an ical issue....

I think it's a kerio issue. iCal needs to signal to the kerio system that the event has changed. The kerio system is what decides when to send the invitation based on the updated meeting times. Right now it's sending invitations for every update when really it should only send updates when send is clicked and if those invitation run through Mail.app kerio should never send invitations.

My 2c

Luke
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

lukec wrote on Wed, 23 April 2008 18:38

OK, so it could be an ical issue....

I think it's a kerio issue. iCal needs to signal to the kerio system that the event has changed. The kerio system is what decides when to send the invitation based on the updated meeting times. Right now it's sending invitations for every update when really it should only send updates when send is clicked and if those invitation run through Mail.app kerio should never send invitations.

My 2c

Luke

This is true for local iCal calendars and invitations sent via Apple Mail. In CalDAV, the invitation is sent directly by iCal by special request to CalDAV server. Server has a very small chance to modify or fix it.
  •  
bberkelaar

We have 2 macbooks with the same issue. Both run Leopard and our mailserver is the latest version by Kerio. The calendars are connected by Caldav, in the predefined connection settings provided by Kerio.

The thing that might help is to add invitations as the very last action when creating events in the Ical calendar. Every change to the event that is made after adding invitees will be sent by email to the invitee, there's no option in Ical to turn this off.

It's very annoying for the recipients to receive invitations in triplets from osx-users, so we are very much looking forward to receive a solution from Apple or Kerio.
Previous Topic: UNABLE TO LOGIN AS ADMIN
Next Topic: Kerio and Open Directory
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 05:58:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.