Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Setting up as backup/secondary mail server
  •  
twinpawer

Send a private message to this user
Hi there,

I would like to setup Kerio mail server as a backup/secondary mail server, as a failover mechanism, so that if the primary mail server fails, it will store emails as a backup, until it is back online, and it will re-deliver them.

How exactly is this possible in Kerio? I would need it to relay only emails for my domains, say I have domain1.com, domain2.com, domain3.com. The primary mail server uses SMTP authentication to verify the user. However, if I add the mailboxes also to the secondary server, and set it not to deliver directly using DNS MX, but with a relay, and the primary is specified, it wont work well. It will store the copy locally in it's mailbox. I need it to send the copy to the primary mail server, when it is online. I also would like it NOT to be an open relay.

Thanks!

CasaSoft, Malta - Web Design & Advanced Web Development
www.casasoft.com.mt
  •  
gbalbach

I too am looking for a similar solution - a way to keep a backup copy of the server, offline, until needed if the main server goes down. It does not need to be an automatic switchover from main to backup but it would need to automatically keep it in sync.
  •  
ctlmb

Try the backup mail services at dnsmadeeasy.com. It's only $12.95 per year per domain. It's inexpensive insurance for your email in case your Kerio Mail Server goes down. The backup mail servers at dnsmadeeasy.com also employ Spamhaus and greylisting to decrease the spam that tries to sneak in through a secondary mail server.
Previous Topic: Kerio 6.5 LDAP Fun
Next Topic: switch from local to OD users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 17:04:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.