Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SQL I/O Lock Error
  •  
dthompson

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I have googled for this problem, but have yet to find an answer:

The scenario:
- Mac OS X Server (v10.5.2) running KMS 6.5.0. Stand alone using internal user DB
- Mac OS X Client (v10.5.2) with Kerio Sync Connector - 6.5.0
- Users are based over NFS and AFP for remote home directories for network users

I have tried patch 6.5.0 Patch 1, but have not updated the main server yet (probably this week) but looking over the fixes that it touches, it doesn't appear that this problem is addressed. We tried phoning in on the support from Kerio, but their support was lack luster and their response was that they have never seen that problem before, so now I turn to the forums where I hope someone here can help me overcome this stupid KMS problem..

The problem:

Whenever some users try and sync their address book with KMS, the problem which appears is the following:

"Internal error occured during the synchronization."
"Unable to obtain sql exclusive lock to commit transaction: 10 I/O error)

Now, this doesn't happen with all users, however some users (I just tried a new user) do obtain this problem. I cannot figure out why this is happening. When I watch the console while its trying to sync down the contacts, I can see that Kerio is indeed syncing down the contacts, but its not adding them into the address book.

With some exiting users, I have tried deleting the ~/Library/Application\ Support/SyncServices/Local on users that don't work, but again this happens on a brand new user as well.

Has anyone encountered this and if so, what was solution that you found for this?

Thank you for any help you can provide me with.. We plan on integrating this into Open Directory itself, but not until we get the KMS running stable enough to move forward from.

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 42.48KB, Downloaded 478 times)
  •  
matthealey

Heya, I am now having the same problem with a new user on 10.5.3. Did you manage to isolate the problem?
  •  
dthompson

Nope, never got it to work. Kerio hasn't really done much of anything to get this working either, even though my client purchased the support from them.

Currently, we are now going to begin investigating other email servers, including Apples own email server since they will hopefully be adding support via caldav for contacts and calendars so they can shed themselves of Kerio as well as Notify Link.

Very frustrating program and even more frustrating dealing with paid support that has done nothing to help out.
  •  
matthealey

That's a bit of a bummer. I might see if I can coax anything out of them. I'll post any help I get to this thread.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This seems to be a problem of Sync Services on Mac when the user has home directory on the network. We are still investigating the issue but there is definitely no bug in KMS server and probably not either in Kerio Sync Connector.
  •  
matthealey

Has the issue been reported to Apple?
  •  
dthompson

I fail to see how this is an Apple issue to be honest. We just updated the server to the latest version 6.5.1 and the sync connector still quits unexpectedly and no one can get the new contacts.

Thank goodness we don't need to use the sync connector for the iCal syncing as that would be a complete show stopper.

The issue we are getting now in the console is the following:

------------------------------------------------------------ ------
_SyncHelper: *** Terminating App due to uncaught agent exception 'Password Error' reason: 'An error occured while reading password' ErrorNo: 10013
------------------------------------------------------------ ------

This only happens when users have hones located on AFP/NFS shares. If the shares are located on a local hard disk, then they work fine.

This needs to be fixed as user who are purchasing this software need to be able to use this in a networked environment. Having it only run on a local desktop does no good for the networked users. The fact that this application installs by default into ~/Library/PreferencePanes instead of in /Library/PreferencePanes is not all the brilliant either from an administrative point of view.

Perhaps my hope of this program being able to handle 100+ users within a Mac OS X networked environment was just dreaming. I will submit this (again) as a support case with Kerio, but I am sure little to nothing will come from it, although I do hope differently since they purchased support for this product to the tune of 3 years...

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

The password error means that KSC cannot access the Keychain database. It could be related to SQL error but I cannot confirm it at this moment.

We were successful in reproducing the issue with remote home dirs in our lab. Since KSC does not use SQlite we are still investigating which Apple component could cause this error and if there is any way how to solve it.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

We were able to locate the source of this issue and it will be fixed in next KMS service release.
Previous Topic: Hiding Messages Marked for deletion
Next Topic: koff speed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:11:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00476 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.