Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » I want to purchase but....
  •  
heze54

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I know, there are many improvements in k6.5, but there is one that is really importan for us Offline connection.

We have several users vpn connected who suffer from slow MSoutlook+kerio connection.

Our inversion is only for improving offline connection, then... If is only important for us Koffline, if I purchase 6.5 new licenses, the problem will resolve?

Best regards
  •  
DionH

I've had a few issues with 6.5 and KOC. Still waiting for some answers from Kerio support myself.
  •  
heze54

Hi,

Are you a free user or registered?

If you are registered, why does not support answers?
  •  
Kerio_jwu

The new Kerio Outlook Connector in 6.5 with offline cache will provide offline access to full groupware capabilities and improve the speed for users connecting over the Internet or through VPN. The initial sync will take some time, depending on the size of the user's data. Once the data is cached in the local Kerio Outlook Connector database, the user experience will improve dramatically.

Try it and see.

I hope this answers your questions.
  •  
bzeb

heze54 wrote on Mon, 14 April 2008 22:23

Hi,

Are you a free user or registered?

If you are registered, why does not support answers?

because free and registered are functionally the same thing in terms of level of support (close to none)... one person was just suckered into paying money.
  •  
heze54

Hi,

I have purchased new licenses two days ago....

Can I install koff in lan computers? or only in vpn or remote users?

Best regards

In order to upgrade, KOC clients can be upgraded directly or first desistall and then reinstall newer?

I ony work with smtp and imap, local and remote users... this will work properly with koff?

Best regards
  •  
DionH

The new offline connector works fine if your domain suffix is the same as your email's. Eg, if your domain is domain.com and you send emails as user<_a.t_>domain.com. If however you have two domains, or your domain suffix and email are diffrent then do not upgrade to 6.5 as the connector will not allow you to change the send from field.

My laptop users have had to use webmail for two weeks now because of this issue and Kerio have still not been able to find a fix for it. As this problem only occurs with the offline connector, and not the online one, I can only assume that it's a bug that needs to be fixed, but when that'll happen is anybody's guess.

I am a registered user, and have paid my subs for the year.
  •  
heze54

Hi,

Resuming...

Now I have kms 6.4 with 2 domains... fe: domain1.com domain2.com

There are two offices

office1 ->domain1.com locally connected to kms
office2->domain2.com vpn connected to kms (koc slow connedtion) will be migrated to koff

With this scenary, can I upgrade properly?
  •  
DionH

That sounds very similar to what I have. I take it that the mailserver sits inside domain 1? If that is the case, when you install koff, all users from domain 2 will be sending mail as user<_a.t_>domain1.com and not user<_a.t_>domain2.com.

If you use KOC(without offline) and connect via VPN to the mailserver then it will work as before and will be just as slow as before.

Remember to upgdate your KADE to 6.5 as well.

Personally, though I love the idea of offline sync (much faster), I'd wait untill this issue with koff is resolved before I upgraded.
  •  
heze54

HI,

I will wait.

Have you any notice from kerio support about this issue?
  •  
DionH

I got a reply from Kerio on Tuesday saying that they have been able to replicate the problem, and were going to test it on older versions too. I'm still waiting for a resolution though.
  •  
heze54

Which OS do you use to run kms? win mac or linux?
  •  
DionH

My mail server is running on Win2003.
  •  
heze54

Agg...

Now I do not know.. upgrade from 6.4 to 6.5 patch 1 or wait to a new version with this problem resolved.

what can I do?
DionH

This morning I receive another email, this time from another Kerio employee, saying that his version works just fine and I should give him a shout if I have any more issues.

This is starting to worry me.
Previous Topic: ClamAV as a service under windows
Next Topic: Almost all a spam messages contain BAYES_00: -1.665 in headers
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 12:38:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00563 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.