Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is it possible?
  •  
DionH

Send a private message to this user
I've recently bought myself a TYTN II phone from HTC, which runs Windows Mobile 6 as it's O/S, and I've hooked it up to my Kerio 6.5 mailserver to receive mail whilst I'm out of the office. So far it's worked brilliantly and I've had no hassles. Whenever I need to check my mail, I simply connect to the server and download the headers.

Now the other thing that is very inportant to me is my Calendar, in which all my appointments are made, or are made for me. Is there any way that I can download my calendar directly from the mailserver, instead of having to sync it with Outlook, as I currently do?

I can't tell you how many headaches I could avoid by being able to do that.

Any help will be much appreciated.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is called ActiveSync synchronization and is described (among many other useful things) in the manual: http://www.kerio.com/manual/kmsug/en/ch04s06.html
  •  
DionH

Thanks for the info! I started off with great hopes, but it seems my Kerio woes just don't want to go away.

I followed advice in the guide and first did a send/receive to my mail server to test for connectivity. It connected without any hassles using the IMAPS protocol and received all the new mail. Then I set up a sync account on my HTC (Win Mobile 6) using exactly the same settings as I had used for my mail account, but with one difference. The sync set-up does not give you the option to use a different protocol. I tried to sync but to no avail, Cannot reach server was as far as I could go.

After having a look at my firewall logs I found that the mail account was connecting to the Kerio MS via IMAPS, which is fine, but the sync was trying to connect via port 80, which is, rather unfortunately, directed to another server for another purpose.

Is there any way to redirect the sync to use HTTPS as the preferred protocol? and if so, can I specify the port? I don't use the standard HTTPS port either, so I have to specify it in the address of the web client.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Activesync can work only with standard ports (http 80, https 443). This is the limitation of the device. You need to make one of these ports accessible from the Internet to be able to synchronize Windows Mobile device over the air.
  •  
DionH

I can change the port mapping for HTTPS back to 443 without too much hassle, but how do I get Active Sync to use HTTPS? According to my firewall log it was only polling port 80, which it did for about 5 min before timing out. (I take it you change the connection to SSL, but I just want to confirm)

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2008 15:18]

•  
My IT Indy

There's a option when setting up activesync on your phone to use SSL.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: How To Define Different Internet Hostnames When Hosting Multiple Domains ??
Next Topic: Out of office and group
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 01:27:31 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.