Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.5 LDAP Fun
  •  
jmergy

Send a private message to this user
Anyone out there have some better case scenarios than just opening the LDAP query wide-open in Outlook or Thunderbird?

I am looking to do a couple of things. We will have a lot of public contact searchable addresses and just understanding the capabilities of the Base DN searches will dictate the structure.

I need to create an LDAP entry in Outlook/Thunderbird to only search 3 public contact folders rather than all 10 for example.

Any ideas out there, let me know. I will start playing around but if others have done this, all help appreciated.

•  
jmergy

I realize the basics to limit the Base DN

but can you do wildcards?

For example,

fn=*Green,fn=public,fn=ContactRoot

to get all public folders that end in 'Green'? Doesn't seem to work but just trying to get the syntax down.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 April 2008 22:45]

•  
Lyle M

I don't think there's a wild card.

I have seen reference to this syntax, but have never tested:

fn=xGreen,fn=yGreen,fn=zGreen,fn=public,fn=ContactRoot

Good luck!

-Lyle
  •  
jmergy

Unfortunatley, it doesn't work. Tried and it seems like it is possible, but no dice.

I ended up doing a public folder that has a superset of the 3 other folders.

Strange that you cannot query multiple public folders in the LDAP search base.
  •  
Lyle M

Bummer.

On Apple Open Directory, if you leave off the organizational units (ou) in the search base, it will search all of them. You just wouldn't be able to pick and choose which were searched.

Cheers,
Lyle
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

jmergy wrote on Tue, 22 April 2008 21:38

It is not strange. Data in LDAP are organized in hierarchical tree. When searching you can select the place where the search should start - it's only one place in the tree. Therefore solution with subfolders is valid and easiest.
  •  
jmergy

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Tue, 22 April 2008 13:01

jmergy wrote on Tue, 22 April 2008 21:38

It is not strange. Data in LDAP are organized in hierarchical tree. When searching you can select the place where the search should start - it's only one place in the tree. Therefore solution with subfolders is valid and easiest.

Well if you mean the subfolder solution

<server>
<public>
<folder4>

vs.

<server>
<public>
<folder1>
<folder2>
<folder3>

I suppose. It just would be nice to even have an exclude capability. So I can say everything starting <_a.t_> public except for folder2.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually I meant this:

<server>
<public>
  <mainfolder>
    <folder1>
    <folder2>
    <folder3>

This way you can use fn=mainfolder,fn=public .... for searching in all three subfolders.
  •  
jmergy

OK - but can that even be setup? I didn't think we could created subfolders in a parent public contact folder?

If so, then that would work.
Previous Topic: Open Office Base connect to LDAP
Next Topic: Setting up as backup/secondary mail server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 16:04:09 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00520 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.