Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How To Define Different Internet Hostnames When Hosting Multiple Domains ??
  •  
mdhmi

Send a private message to this user
I can't see how to define a separate internet hostname for each of my domains. This can cause a number of issues.. Anyone??

Thanks
  •  
jmergy

You can do fully-qualified hostnames in the domains or aliased domains in the admin console.

Are you trying to receive mail for people at

host1.domain.com

and for

host2.domain.com

?

Trying to understand if you are having DNS issues or mailserver issues.
  •  
mdhmi

There is an option to specify an internet hostname. So, for example, I set that to mail.mydomain.com, which is in DNS. This is fine.

My question is, as I start to create additional domains, with different names, how do I configure Kerio to use a separate internet hostname for those domains? Otherwise, when a remote server looks up mail.separatedomain.com it's going to be greeted with a different hostname, and that could cause issues with various security/anti-spam products.

Thanks
  •  
sedell

You don't need a hostname for each domain. Just point the MX record for domain2.com to mail.mydomain.com. The hostname of the server does not have to match the domain name it's hosting mail for. The server would have no way of knowing which SMTP connection would be for which domain, so it would only answer with one hostname anyhow.

Scott
  •  
My IT Indy

I got around this by just having a generic mail host for my hosting business and point all of the domains to it for MX records. Nobody cares that they have to connect to a different domain for email than their domain name.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Quickly choosing sender with the Kerio Outlook Connector Offline Edition
Next Topic: Is it possible?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 21:31:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00442 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.